Ended Field M&E Officer (2)
Field M&E Officer (2)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Hadhramout (Al-Abr) and Al-Dhale'e (Qa'atabah & Al Azariq).
Reports to : Senior MEAL Officer
Duration : One year.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior MEAL Officer, the Field M&E Officer will handle the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning for Health & WASH project in the means of field monitoring, evaluating the performance of the staff and the services provided. The field MEAL officer will also handle the complaint and feedbacks mechanism and will ensure all the issues received are followed up and resolved on timely manner. As needed the field MEAL officer will attend any meetings with the stakeholder and partners to facilitate and M&E activities in the field.
- Conducting field visits in regular basis using the standardized M&E checklists to assess the overall progress and to evaluate the quality of service provided.
- Handling the Complaint and feedback methods (Hotline and suggestion box) and ensure in coordination with the MEAL Officer that the complaints are followed up and resolved by the project team or the concerned staff.
- Review and revise all forms documents and registry lists on regular basis and assist the MEAL Officer/Specialist in preparing a comprehensive report from the figures collected.
- Participate in data collection for different types of assessments (Need assessments, baseline/end-line surveys, PDMs, KAP studies…etc.) and ensure all of the data enumerators are well trained on the tools used.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting against the monthly performance indicators for all projects, supporting the project managers to run review meetings and compile/ follow up on action points.
- Establish and support the implementation of a data management system to inform planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support documentation of project periodic reporting & assist in coordination with stakeholders and other implementing partners.
- Assist in the development of outreach strategy and reaching out to beneficiaries and ensure close coordination with social organizers.
- Assist in the development of case studies/success stories and other communication items.
- Identify and document lessons learned/best practices including critical success factors and opportunities for improvement.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line management.
- As needed, translation of any necessary documents for the field team.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the organization’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Knowledge of the use of information management
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to use sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks
- Ability to work under stress to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude with a mind-set to deliver development services in a professional manner
Communication and Computer Skills:
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Excellent skills in report writing
- Good computer skills
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Self-development and initiative taker
- Managing conflict
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning;
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree Medicine, Medical Science, Civil Engineering or any other related field.
- 2 year experience working in international development and/or humanitarian work, and experience of working on MEAL and/or accountability to beneficiaries
- Previous experience in Monitoring and evaluation of Health & WASH project is desirable.
- Experience of both qualitative and quantitative data collection, including conducting focus groups and KIIs.
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on accountability initiatives
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- A confident, flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends and to spend considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Computer literacy of using Word, Excel a plus and access.
- Experience of data entry. Computer knowledge (Word, Excel and access) is essential.
- Fluent in English.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs email@example.com
by Wednesday Apr 17th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.