Ended Project Assistant
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs.
Location : Aden.
Reports to : Project Manager.
Duration : One year.
About the Organization:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improvwoman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
The job of Project Assistant is established for the purpose/s of providing administrative, logistic and programmatic support to assigned administrative personnel of health and WASH project; coordinating activities of assigned administrative personnel; monitoring assigned activities; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as requested by assigned administrator.
The Project Assistant will assist the project Manager as well as other department staff in carrying out high-level project development, research and analysis, advocacy, organizing, negotiations, communications, coalition building, organizational leadership, management and fund raising. The post holder will need to deliver effective, highly competent project’s support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment which promotes positive relationships.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for Health and WASH project, initiatives, and programs.
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including, reports, proposals, plans and PowerPoint presentations;
- Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
- Handles preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for field mission’s travel.
- Drafts contracts, budgets, and donor reports with direction from managers and head of programs.
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Processes financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence, and assists with the development of project materials.
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of project manager, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate staff, and sharing workload with other projects' staff.
- Work with programs and projects staff at central level and at sub-levels, collaborating with writers, professional photographers, graphic designers and others technicians to ensure that quality content is produced, documented and released. · Conceptualize, produce and d
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and
- Works with other projects team members to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned manager for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees
- Organizes meetings and events.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, reporting and/or administrative requirements
- Assists on maintaining, improving and update organization web site and on the designing and innovating, preparation of communications and IEC materials.
- Assist Communications and Programs staff in creating and recording durable, memorable high resolutions images and filming for documentary as and when required.
- Works with and maintains data management and filing for projects/program.
- Serves as an administrator of work product with other projects/departments, i.e. finance, project development, research and MEAL, etc.
- Liaises and communicates with project consultants and field office staff, providing logistical and administrative support, as directed.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from assigned supervisors.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the health and WASH project.
- Provide support to identify training needs, planning and implementation of relevant trainings
- Organize initial and on-job training for staff on nutrition guidelines and protocols
- Organize a smooth nutrition, health and WASH projects’ supplies; ordering, stocking and distribution and monitoring of consumption and monthly reporting on consumption
- Supervise collection and compilation of nutrition, health and WASH project data in geographic area of responsibility, and ensure meticulous and timely reporting
- Compile the data collected from the field to be submitted to the M&E Officer
- Submit weekly/monthly statistics and narrative report to the Project Manager and M&E Officer.
- Support assessments/surveys, monitoring and evaluation of the nutrition, health and WASH project.
- Maintain good and positive contacts with MOH, local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in project activities
- Any additional duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Assist the logistics department in procurement of drug/medical supply/medical equipment by providing specification for requested items;
- Provide regular supervision of supported clinics including data collection/records of beneficiaries and project activities , as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to project objectives;
- Provide regular updates and reports to Project Manager/ M&E Officer as required;
- Provide data, case studies and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use;
- Organize and conduct joint multifunctional team monitoring visits;
- Monitor project implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection;
- Ensure linkages and integration of community mobilization activities and clinic services;
- Maintain project files.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corp.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Work experience in WASH and Health projects is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Ability to write reports in English is required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs firstname.lastname@example.org
by Wednesday Apr 17th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.