Ended Logistics and Security Field Assistant (3)
Logistics and Security Field Assistant (3)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Hadhramout (Al-Abr), Al- Dhale'e (Qa'atabah & Al-Azariq), & Sana’a.
Reports to : Project Manager
Duration : One year.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
The Logistic and Security Field Assistant will help to prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for supply of goods and services related to health and WASH project. He/she will be responsible for building and controlling the YFCA’s database of contractors and suppliers, in addition he/she will be responsible of preparing all needed documents and reports on daily, weekly, monthly basis. Besides, he/she will be the responsible of all administration work for the Security Department
- Coordinate activities related procurement and local purchasing for a health and WASH project
- Plan and manage logistics, Medicines’ warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Organise transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Take care of locally purchased items and project materials from customs, process labour office clearances, procure local and international purchases, track assets, contact insurance companies regarding insurance for office assets, renew vehicles’ licenses, arrange for vehicle maintenance, and monitor vehicle use.
- Organize and arrange meetings with different government representatives, other NGO representatives, and other program members.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with the organization procedures and operations
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Keep update with the security situation in the targeted governorates/districts and network with relevant stakeholders and official establishment in this regards.
- Guide visitors while travelling in vehicles and arrange escorts for safety and security reasons.
- Provide advice on destinations, accommodation, car rental programs, and flights.
- Confirm bookings and notify clients of travel documents, luggage, insurance, medical insurance, visas and currency requirements.
- Facilitate meetings with international NGOs in cases of risk and danger.
- Attended relevant security meeting in the south and report back
- Arrange travel security arrangement, briefing and related matters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Work experience in WASH and Health projects is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Ability to write reports in English is required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs firstname.lastname@example.org
by Wednesday Apr 17th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.