Ended Procurement Consultant
Responsiveness for Relief and Development Foundation (RRD) is a non-government organization that aims to contribute effectively to reducing human suffering in Yemen. RRD works with local communities and stakeholders to provide humanitarian aid for people in conflict-affected areas.
Position: Procurement Consultant
Starting Date: As soon as possible
RRD is seeking to contract the services of a consultant with proven experience on reviewing, setting up, improving and developing procurement policies /procedures/ manuals for NGOs.
Specifically, the objective of the assignment is to review and update the existing Procurement policies and procedures manual and develop improved processes in line with international best practices.
Scope of Work
In close cooperation and consultation with RRD’s Procurement, Grants and Compliance, and other relevant departments, the consultant will perform the following as a minimum:
- Identify gaps and areas that require improvement and strengthening, incorporating comments emanating from recent due diligence missions conducted by third parties.
- Improve identified gaps in procurement processes, procedures, and templates and assess their adequacy in terms of both efficiency and control.
- Put in place the necessary procedures and practices required to build capacity gaps and strengthen the procurement system.
- Develop scorecards for technical and financial proposal evaluations and advise on assessing bids received; participate in pre-Bid meetings; study the contents of bids and comment on proposals; participate in Bid Clarification Meetings with bidders with the purpose of clarifying details of their proposals.
- Evaluate technical and financial bidding proposals.
- Compile the Bid Evaluation Quality Report.
- Prepare the final Bid Evaluation Reports.
- Build and maintain procurement tracking databases and vendor lists.
- Organize and develop procurement processes including preparation of solicitation documents, solicitation of bids, evaluation of proposals and contracting in full compliance with international rules and regulations, and best practices.
- Provide researched information for formulation and implementation of contract strategies and strategic procurement including tendering processes and evaluation, managing contracts and contractors, legal considerations and payment conditions, supplier selection and evaluation, and quality management.
- Develop and deliver the finalized procurement manual and system incorporating all requirements listed above.
- Facilitate the training of staff members on the new policies and procedures.
The assignment will be carried out in a total of 22 working days.
Required Qualifications and Proposal:
The individual or entity proposed for this assignment should be able to demonstrate having substantial experience and expertise in procurement processes for NGOs in Yemen as well as the development of procurement related policies in English.
Interested qualified consultants are invited to submit a proposal that includes the following elements:
- A recent CV/ Profile for the proposed expert(s) indicating relevant qualifications and experience
- Methodological approach for performing requested tasks
- Any additional steps or activities that would constitute good practice for such a task
- An all-inclusive lump sum amount in USD for the proposal.
All Documents must be submitted in English and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please write Procurement Consultant in the Subject Field of your email)
Deadline for Submission of Proposals: 21st April 2019. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
RRD is an equal opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed consultants will be contacted.