Ended Field Coordinator (2)
Field Coordinator (2)
Division : Programs
Location : Hadhramout (Sayoun), & Al-Dhale'e.
Reports to : Health Project Manager
Duration : One year.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
The Field Coordinator is responsible for the oversight, development and management of all organization programmers as well as HR, finance, logistics, administration, security, representation and advocacy in the designated field area. S/he will work under the supervision of the Field Manager / Director of Programs Operations. In fulfilling his/her responsibilities, s/he will work with other senior managers to ensure that the programs are carried out in line. S/He is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities. He/she will also be responsible for data collection, monitoring of local partners’ performance on the field level as well as reporting of activities.
- Participate in planning and developing the program humanitarian response activities
- Implement all project activities based on the program objectives and intermediate results reflected in the detailed implementation plan.
- Responsible for the operational planning of activities for the overall implementation of programmer activities in the respective Field Office.
- Effectively using support services (logs, Admin, HR, and Finance) to undertake key activities and work alongside the Program Managers to ensure their activities run smoothly.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant, local partner, local authorities and communities, explaining the nature of the project and liaising with them throughout the project.
- Coordinate with the organization MEAL department to conduct monitoring visits to the program sites to ensure the implementation of the activities with the National partners on time and to achieve quality results.
Logistics & Procurement
- Ensuring that resources are procured under the organization’s procurement policies and are utilized effectively to obtain the project objectives.
- Supports logistics team in doing Bid Analysis.
- Communicate with suppliers on clarifications needed.
- Review all purchase orders, invoices for accuracy and completeness before forwarding for approval by respective budget holders.
- Ensure that records/files of all purchases are documented with relevant information
- Ensure that order tracking and purchase database are maintained and communicated on a weekly basis.
- Maintain suppliers and supplies database which are up to date and appropriate to organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that purchases are properly received and goods receiving made out and relevant data of each activity is updated.
- Prepare requests for quotations to potential suppliers and ensure compliance to the organization’s Procurement Policies.
- Coordinate purchase order/contract close out procedures when purchase orders/contracts are completed and payment done.
- Coordinate all reporting and information dissemination and ensure respective staff maintain proper maintain filing system on purchases.
- Make presentations to the Tender Committee on all major purchases requiring Tendering before award of contract.
- Endorse all procurement decisions and forward the same for approval to facilitate procurement activities within the organization.
- Work with Project Manager to finalize the detailed implementation plan and the strategic plan as well as implementing interventions.
- Ensure that all activities, are planned efficiently, effectively and are of sustainable impact; based on accepted best practices
- Identify and oversee the selection of partners, agreement with partners and provision of overall interventions in the field, and ensure that all activities improve access to quality services provided as part of the design of this project.
- Design and provide technical guidance for all protection and psychosocial activities relevant to this project.
- Design and provide technical guidance on community mobilization and awareness raising messages and activities for community stakeholders. .
- Ensure tracking of set indicators throughout the implementation cycle and regular reporting on impact, and in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, assist partners in developing appropriate strategies for monitoring and evaluating implemented activities.
- Assist in strengthening national institutions and local partners’ capacity to continue to implement and provide access to quality community based protection services beyond the life of the project
- Represent the organization and the Project in relevant coordination meetings regarding the Humanitarian Response relevant to protection access and quality.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Commitment to serving members and their donors, and to helping build a culture of member service throughout organization
- Ensure implementation of the organization operational policies, procedures and guidelines. With support from technical advisors and programmer service staff as needed.
- Be a member of the organization team; participating in appropriate staff meetings, planning sessions and on-going liaising as needed.
- Provide procurement management support to all field offices including support and training as required
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical field, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Previous experience working with an NGO.
- Experience in procurement and purchasing.
- Knowledge of Donor funding regulations.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent skills in purchasing techniques within the context of this position
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, multi-task including prioritization and ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments.
- Independence, i.e. conducting tasks with minimal supervision, and stress resilience.
- Flexibility, tolerance and maturity.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com by Wednesday 17th Apr, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title and the name of the city you are applying for in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.