Ended Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Program Manager
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Program Manager
Department: FSL Department
Location: Hodaidah / Hajjah
Duration: 6 Months
To identify and implement high quality FSL activities which are appropriate and comprehensive, in conformity with overarching strategy and the standards set internationally, by ACF and by national policies.
Mission 1: Manage, coordinate and oversee the overall implementation of FSL Program in the field
Mission 2: Monitoring and reporting of FSL projects at base level
Mission 3: Supervise and manage the FSL team (staff management of field team)
- Assist the FSL PM in the overall management and coordination of multi-donors emergency response program at base level.
- Provide inputs and support to the FSL program manager for drafting grants proposal (narrative and financial), strategy and policies development.
- Assist the FSL PM in budget management including budget preparation and budget follow-ups.
- Ensure the technical quality of the FSL Program in all the field locations.
- Develop implementation/action plans and ensure the execution of activities as per standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Lead the FSL team in social mobilization and kickoff meetings at base level.
- Supervise and monitor ongoing FSL activities against set indicators, and use appropriate tools to monitor, document and highlight the interest areas and adjust accordingly.
- Assist the FSL PM in establish strong coordination with other ACF program (WASH, Nut, Health) adopting an integrated approach and ensure synergies between programs.
- Assist the FSL PM in drafting projects reports for internal and external readers on timely basis.
- Ensure proper documentation of FSL program data (hard and soft) and share with MEAL team on timely basis.
- Direct line manages a team of field workers and technical staff (agriculture officer, field supervisors, field monitors etc.).
- Ensure that each member of the field team has a clear job description, which is well understood by the individual as well as the team.
- Assist the FSL PM to ensure smooth input/cash transfer to beneficiaries.
- Assist the FSL PM in ensuring incorporation of crosscutting issues associated with program interventions (HIV, Gender issues, Disaster Management, Environment, Handicap, etc.)
- Assist the FSL PM in to play a role as a decision maker/responsible person at field level.
- Assist the FSL PM in establishment of strong coordination with stakeholders, cluster forums and government line agencies as per guidance of the field Coordinator.
- Assist the FSL PM in playing active role in lobbying and advocacy on issues related to programs as per guidance of the field Coordinator.
Requirements & Skills:
- Master degree in Agriculture, DVM, Rural Development, social sciences or any related field.
Technical Experience and Management Skills:
At least 4 years’ experience in FSL project management in emergencies and early recovery context. Demonstration of professional experience in appraisal, planning, implementation and management of FSL with caliber experience in managing FSL Emergency actions. Excellent management skills are also a vital competency for the post.
- Level of the position: Managerial.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Candidates originally from “Hodaidah and Hajjah” as they we will the first ones considered;
Women and persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 17-04-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.