Ended Senior IT Officer
Position: Senior IT Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: SITO_SNA19
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Senior IT technical support officers monitor and maintain the AX system, computer systems and networks of an organisation. S/he may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems. Depending on the size of the organisation, a technical support officer's role may span one or more areas of expertise.
It focuses on the Recovery systems software, upgrades systems software, and support IRY employees to finish their job correctly and smoothly, Information systems officer, or IT officer, is responsible for the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software that is used within a wide range of public and private sector organisations.
Secure and effective operation of all computer systems, AX system, quick books, related applications, hardware and software. Also, controlling the internal network.
- Read and understand the IRW IT Systems policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use and monitor use/activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Maintain the IT system at IRY offices; Windows Server, Next-Generation Firewall, includes Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless LAN, Network Printers and the LINUX based Server running as the Gateway, Firewall, DHCP, File server, Web Proxy & FTP etc in consultation with operations manager and the CD
- Undertake the responsibility for smooth functioning of internet services. Interact with ISP for day-to-day internet issues related to services and subscription charges.
- Ensure safe computing environment; timely patch management & system updates for Windows, Anti-Virus & other application software; and auditing computers for any spyware, adware and tracking cookies and that the computer is not misused.
- Undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN, Wireless and internet systems. Oversee repair of computers and IT equipment at a local level, when possible - facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economic solutions in consultation with the Senior IT Administrator.
- Implement back-up policy for and suggest the necessary steps to Senior IT Administrator/HOO for to enforce this policy. Ensure back up and archives are made and stored as scheduled;
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment. Facilitate purchase of items through the Procurement Department. Play active role in handling technical aspects of IT related procurements in coordination with Senior IT Administrator.
- Arrange trainings for new hires with regard to IR online resources, using outlook etc. Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of MS Office applications and networking.
- Maintain proper documentation of all IT equipment including; system profiles, warranties and IT stock/accessories; Organize and maintain central filing system of satellite systems in IR Yemen;
- Assist in relocation and assembly of any equipment including computers, printers, accessories and satellite systems consultation with, operations manager
- Supervisor IT officer and other junior staff, travel periodically to all field offices to review IT systems and liaise with Operations manager, Head of Office and Program Manager
- Contact and consult with operations manager in regard to any critical problem in the Servers, new viruses, and other related issues
- Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IR and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Any other task / duties as assigned by the management
- ICT resources management: Provides accountability for information technology resources through accurate analysis and evaluation of office’s ICT needs, sound procurement, cost-effective installation and maintenance, maintaining software/hardware standards, and regular accurate inventory and reporting of hardware, peripherals and software.
- The confidentiality, integrity and availability of the ICT system, LAN and data Ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the ICT system, LAN and data security, including user access to computer and telecommunications facilities. Monitor and support Inter-/Intra-net functionality, security and integrity.
- The productivity and effectiveness of the office work. Promotes the productivity and effectiveness of the office by drafting and/or administering a relevant Information Management Plan and Budget, including computerization, telecommunications and records management, and by ensuring the appropriateness of local computing and telecommunications facilities to meet programme requirements.
University degree or equivalent background in Computer Science, Information Science or related area.
- 5 years of relevant professional work experience. Field work experience.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Previous experience working for INGOs is an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in rural areas.
- Familiarity with program area is highly desired.
- Computer literate, especially MS office and other professional softwares
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Applying Technical Expertise.
- Planning and Organizing.
E) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
Secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software. Also, controlling the internal network.
G) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
This position is located in Sana'a - Yemen based in the main office with frequent field visits and helping the IRY team to execute their job efficiently with IT support.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short–listed candidates will be contacted.