Ended IT Senior Officer
Location : Aden
Duration: Annual Contract
Nahda Makers organization ( NMO ) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of IT Senior Officer to carry out the following tasks:
The IT Unit encompasses all IT and Telecommunication activities for all Aden and field operations locations. IT Senior Officer plans, coordinates, directs and designs IT and telecommunication related activities of Organization, as well as provides administrative direction and supports for daily operational activities of the IT Unit. IT Senior Officer works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solution, for all aspects of Organization.
The IT Senior Officer role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Unit in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIRILITIFS:
- Develop strategic plans of IT Unit to meet the present and future required IT services.
- Plan and keep budget and submit for approval of IT expenditure.
- Develop and implement policies, processes and systems/procedures in order to ensure the efficient and effective operations of the IT Unit.
- IT staffing, including supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop the continuous training plan of all IT staff.
- Responsible for ensuring adequacy to audit requirements and responding to any audit discrepancy.
- Work to reduce and control the cost by negotiations with suppliers when implementing new IT systems or projects.
- Develop and make recommendation about purchase of new technology resources
- Provide recommendations and training to employees for accessing information and support.
- IT Alignment to Organization Objectives; identify opportunities of improvements; management of changes.
- Supervise the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT and Communications Systems; Including, but not limited to servers, Storages, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripheral equipment and office automation equipment.
- Supervise asset management of IT hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Supervise the Development of Internet Organization website.
- Develop the IT Organization network infrastructure.
- Supervise the licensing, maintenance, development and audit for all Organization Systems.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Establish and ensure compliance across the Organization with any IT related Policy and procedure and provide training in those policies.
- Establish adequate data security in terms of firewalls, network monitoring, encryption, and data file access.
- Plan and Schedule IT security backup and recovery processes for hardware and software systems.
- Carry out systems (penetration) tests and risk assessments for periodic review of hardware/ software and policy compliance and adequacy
- Provide required support and maintain policies, software and hardware to ensure optimal networking functionality, design failure response policy
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in working with NGO (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of networks, network administration, security, protocols, and technologies.
- IT implementation management, project management, business operations needs assessment required such as (kobo toolbox,odk)
- Excellent practical understanding of IT operations, PMP, TOGAF, COBIT, ITIL certifications are a plus.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Oracle, Virtualization and Hyper-V.
- Experience with incident and problem ticketing systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange server and SQL Server
- Previous direct team management experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Technical background in a domain and hosted services environment such as Cloud computing
- Knowledge of datacenter operations
- Knowledge in .Net programming (ASP.Net,PHP,java,...).
- Knowledge in developing Android apps (preferred).
- Experience ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Full competency and fluency in English.
- Ability to work outside the normal working hours.
Interested candidates shall apply through the below link with attach the CVs