Ended Project Manager
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and Aden.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Manager
Location: Sanaa with Travel
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials;
- Organize project close-out meeting;
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
2.Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team;
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan;
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards;
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project’s implementation;
- Regularly update the work plan, output tracker, PMF, and other documents relevant for effective project management.
3.Consortium Coordination and Collaboration
- Attend monthly meetings with consortium partners, representing ACTED and sharing lessons learned;
- Coordinate with consortium partners to maximize integration of project activities;
4.Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to Consortium Coordinator/Finance
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management
- Manage interpersonal conflicts
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors
- Ensure project records and documents (FLAT files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets, etc.) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures
- Ensure staff awareness and respect of ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly
- In cooperation with the relevant Security Officer, monitor the local security situation and inform the Country Director or Area Coordinator and Country or Area Security Officer of developments through regular written reports;
- Contribute to the updating of the security guidelines in the project area of intervention;
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and
- involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Identify and analyze gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project is implemented and pass relevant information to the N+1
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Job Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least three years of experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- Leadership and organizational skills are required;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize, and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good English skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel);
- Preferable knowledge in both of the following fields of intervention: WASH, Food Security.
- The selected candidate will be able to demonstrate capacity to show initiative, plan ahead for multiple activities and potential challenges, anticipate problems before they arise and demonstrate problem-solving abilities
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Sanaa-Project Manager”.
- The closing date for applications is Monday 22 April, 2019.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Sanaa-Project Manager)
- According to needs, the Project Manager may be asked to intervene in other locations throughout ACTED areas of intervention and/or in other governorates in Yemen, as per management request;
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification.