Ended WatHab (Water and Habitat) Engineer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
WatHab (Water and Habitat) Engineer
Based in Aden
Period of contract: open-ended (after 03 months of probation period)
The ICRC’s Water and Habitat Engineers assess the water and housing needs of victims of armed conflict. They plan projects to solve the problems encountered, negotiate with local authorities and contractors regarding project implementation, supervise the execution of the projects and handle all aspects of their administration.
In support of ICRC’s Program, WatHab Aden is looking for an Architect/Civil Engineer with demonstrated working experience in assessing, design, and implementation of projects related to Water & Habitat and related infrastructure.
- Conducts in-depth assessments independently based on WatHab Criteria, mainly in Southern Yemen);
- Contributes to the development of strategies and Planning for Results;
- Plans and implements projects independently;
- Supervises and manages Consultants and technical staff proficiently;
- Manages contacts professionally, representing the ICRC at all times correctly.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or related field;
- More than 4 years of demonstrated working experience in a related field;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD;
- Strong Team Leadership skills; and
- Strong personal motivation for humanitarian work.
Interested candidates send the following:
- Letter of Motivation in English (explaining personal motivation to work for Health Program);
- C.V. in English (maximum 4 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your application to ADE_HR_SERVICES@ICRC.ORG (indicating “WatHab Engineer” in the subject).
Deadline for applications: 17.04.2018