Ended Executive Director
A local non-profit foundation based in Sana'a, working to support businesses in Yemen and to empower youth around the country is actively seeking a highly qualified individual to fill in the position of the Executive Director for the next period
The Executive Director position main responsibility main function is to lead the foundation towards effective implementation its vision, mission and strategy; this includes: Planning, Program Development and Fundraising, and Financial and Administrative Management. The position will lead in the formulation of the organization Annual Plans, policies and the preparation of the periodical financial and narrative Reports. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Executive Director will work closely with and report to the foundation Board of Directors.
- Reports to and works closely with the Board of Founders to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Organization throughout Yemen.
- Develop a vision and strategic plan for the Foundation in conjunction with the Board.
- Inform the board of internal and external challenges affecting the Foundation
Mission and Programmes:
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization can successfully fulfill its Vision into the future
- Develop programs and projects to ensure that the Foundation's mission is being properly executed.
- Develop resources necessary to support the organization’s mission i.e. constantly looking for opportunities to bring funds / projects to the organization.
- Responsible for the financial integrity to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for financial management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
Administrative and Operations Management
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for effective administration of all operations.
- Responsible for the hiring, development and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Lead and motivate the non-profit's staff members and volunteers
- Foster effective teamwork and spirit among staff and volunteers
Partnerships & Representation
- Serve as the face for the Foundation in public relations matters and represent the non-profit at community events and activities
- Approve official correspondence concerning the Foundation, such as press releases or annual updates
- Seek to expand the non-profit's community presence and public awareness of the Foundation's services and efforts
- Responsible for the enhancement of the organization’s impact by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations (i.e. working with other national Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) as well as local and international NGOs).
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations throughout Yemen and utilizes those relationships to strategically enhance the organization’s Mission
- Build and maintain effective alliances and operational collaboration with public and private partners
- Coordinate with other relevant governmental and non-governmental entities to facilitate the implementation of the activities in the best way possible.
- Leadership & Decision Making
- Communication & Collaboration Skills
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial Management
- Time & Stress Management
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Development, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in senior management, program management or leadership positions with preference to experience in Development, and Non-profit organization.
- Proven experience in staff supervision and strong team spirit
- Proven experience in financial management and monitoring tools and systems
- Solid budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong Project Operational Management experience including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Proven organizational abilities including the ability to handle HR, procurements, finance, and logistics.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations in nonprofit sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (both in Arabic and in English).
- Strong problem solving skills with attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to adapt and respond to programmatic sudden changes
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure
- Ability to plan ahead and results oriented (pro-active)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Foundation offers a competetive salary package for this position
Qualified and Interested candidates must send their CVs to:
Please be advises that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a further screening and for the Interview.