Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : Base Logistician
Department: Logistics Department
Duration: Six Months ( Renewable )
Overall supervision & management of the Logistics department in
Al -Khokha through providing the leadership & technical support
Objective 1: Responsible for supervising the supply chain
- Ensure the implementation of supply procedure according to kit log V 3.1
- Monitor the supply team to follow the deadlines, delivery dates
- Make sure that all purchase done by following the financial plan, cash forecast
- Make sure that purchase follows the quality control procedure
- Check the Purchase dossier before sending to Aden
- Make sure the warehouses managed according to ACF standard (acceptable level)
- Make sure that supply team conducts Physical inventories for stock regularly
- Anticipate the transport needs for projects & office activities
- Make sure the safe & on time transportation of projects material to the field or between warehouses
- Make sure that team update the management tools (PFU, SFU, IKD FU) regularly and share with all concerns
- Anticipate the supply activities related to projects and convey to purchaser on time
- Participate in project assessments & planning (PPP / SP)
Objective 2: Responsible for supervising the logistic support
- Ensure the efficient management of resources (fleet, IT, utilities)
- Ensure the good weekly vehicle planning
- Ensure the on time repair & maintenance of fleet (vehicle, generators,)
- Monitor the purchase of fuel for vehicles
- Anticipate the vehicle needs for base in relation with project & office activities
- Ensure the good usage of ACF equipment
- Ensure the tracking of equipments as per ACF procedures
- Anticipation for the need of equipments for the base
- Ensure the rehabilitation of premises & regular check
- Ensure the participation of logistics in selection of premises for projects & offices
- Ensure that communication means are available for professional work (internet, telephone etc.)
- Make sure proper utilization of IT equipments
- Conduct the logistics assessments in the field whenever required, and provide the support to team in the field.
Objective 3 : Manage the Security:
- To ensure that security / safety rules followed by all staff during working time and use of ACF premises / facilities
- Information collection related to security situation in the area
- Incident reporting (4 Hours & 72 Hours)
- Implementation of security / safety rules (first aid kits, fire-fighting equipment etc.)
- Assist field coordinator in updating security plan
Objective 4 : Team management
- Adaptation of team according to the workload (including daily labour & temporary recruitments)
- Support the team in making work plan & prioritizing of task and follow-up
- Provide technical support to team on logistics’ issues
- Make sure that JDs are updated
- Participate in the recruitment
- Conduct the appraisal interview
- Participate in disciplinary actions
- Identify the training needs conduct/ arrange the training for them
- Make sure HR rules / guidelines followed in management of team.
Objective 5 : Reporting
- Make sure the information flow in terms of reporting
- Collect the data for reporting & analyze
- Send the monthly reports (Narrative Report, PFU, SFU, IKD FU, Equipment List, Monthly Vehicle report) to Field Coordinator
Objective 6 : Coordination
- Make sure the coordination among the Logistics team (sharing of information)
- Make sure the coordination between logistics & technical departments on logistics issues
- Ensure the submission of monthly cash forecast on time, coordinate with administration to finalize (participation in cash forecast meeting)
- Conduct the weekly logistics meeting (planning etc.)
- Make sure that PR + SRO meeting held on regular bases
- Participate in weekly base meeting
University Degree in Management, Finance, IT, Engineering + 2 years of experience in field of Logistics
Required competencies & skills
- Management experience
- Good organizer
- Rigour (on procedures)
- Experience in supervising a team
- Team Spirit
- Negotiation Skills
- Communication Skills, Diplomacy and Relational skills
- Financial Management skills
- Capacity to manage large quantities of products, activities and information –
- Good/Fluent English Knowledge
- Computer knowledge (Word/Excel
- Level of the position: Technician .
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Candidates originally from “ Alkhokha ” as they we will be the first ones considered;
Women and persons with a disability.
Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email@example.com or on Whatsapp : 716322214 on this or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 23th April 2019 .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.