Ended Program Manager
Job Title: Program Manager (Yemeni National)
Department: Program Department
Reports To: Area Manager (Direct Reporting) – and Technical Reporting to Senior Program Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
ABOUT GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
Under the supervision of the Area Manager, the Program Manager (PM) will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of Global Communities Program activities in Southern Governorates. The PM will be in charge of coordinating closely with all partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted governorates and ensure the appropriate implementation of all programs activities in the field. This position is based in Global Communities’ office in Aden, and reports directly to Area Manager and Technical reporting will be the Senior Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Area Manager, in ensuring appropriate, timely and planning of program start-up activities and regular implementation according to work and implementation plans.
- With support of Senior Program Manager, develops appropriate program implementation plans and work break down structure. Ensure that SPM and technical team’s support is included in programs and plans are annual and quarterly plans are reviewed agreed by SPM and Area Manager.
- Oversee day-to-day program activities to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with donor-approved work plan and budget.
- Develop all required program daily, weekly, monthly and semi-annual narrative reports/updates.
- Ensure report formats are used properly and all reports/updates are submitted on time, followed up on, and finalized in a timely manner and support where issues arise to mentor and improve over time.
- Assist Senior Program Manager in developing final program reports, and ensures input of the Area Manager and technical team and M&E.
- Participate in assessment and distribution/area selections.
- Coordinate with M&E department and respond promptly to any concern or deviation observed in the field and ensure tracking of project indicators at all levels (activities, results, objectives and goal)
- Monitor the progress of program implementation and keep updating Area Manager and Senior Program manager of progress made.
- Work with the Senior Program Manager, Area Manager and Director of Finance and Administration to track program activities, budgets and expenditures
- Supervise a team of approximately 10 local staff
- Work closely with local staff to ensure the smooth running of agricultural, food security, vocational training, and WASH activities
- Facilitate and monitor all fieldwork at distribution sites.
- Provide concrete training and on-the-job mentoring for local national staff
- Represent Global Communities at relevant cluster/sector working group meetings
- Support the Senior Program Manager and Area Manager in drafting proposals and budgets.
- Facilitate effective coordination with the MOPIC, Governor Offices and District Councils in the targeted governorates to insure the best coordination with the local authorities.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in development, economics, business administration or related field with 6-7 years’ experience required or Master’s degree in same fields with 4-5 years’ experience required.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in emergency, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings on humanitarian programming, especially Agriculture & Food Security, Economic Recover, and WASH Interventions.
- Experience working with local national staff and building local capacity.
- Experience working with sub-grantees and/or local partner organizations.
- Prior experience in remote management strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in the Southern Governorates preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluent in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Proficient in USAID rules and regulations; prior experience working on USAID-funded programs required; experience working on USAID/OFDA-funded programs preferred
- Proven success in working with complex teams in difficult environments
From April 2019 until 31 March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with Global Communities.
- Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 16 April 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.