Ended Care Practice Officer ( Re-advertised )
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : Care Practice Officer ( Re-advertised )
Department: Mental Health & Care practices Department
Location: Aden & Abyan
Duration: 30 September 2019
To Organize and implement care practices activities integrated within the nutrition and health programme
Objective 1: Capacity-building of Ministry of Public Health and Protection (MoPHP) staff at health facility level
- Working with the MoPHP to facilitate activities through trainings, workshops, and supervision
- Regular supervision of MoPHP activities and follow-up on-the-job trainings
All following activities will be implemented through MoPHP staff with support (training, supervision, demonstrations) by 2 care practice officers (CPOs)
Objective 2: Care for pregnant and breastfeeding mother and other caregivers
- Group discussions and peer support groups on care during pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding
- Awareness on topics of care practices such as reproductive health
- Education and support for good health before, during, and after pregnancy & birth
- Care for women support (including healthy eating for mother & family)
Objective 3: Child & caregiver activities
- Safe spaces for mothers & babies to strengthen bonding through play sessions and toys making
- Stimulation for babies undergoing nutrition treatment or screening
- Baby massage groups sessions
- Counselling and activities focused on Early Child Development / development milestones
- Update recruitment follow-up on weekly basis and share with Sanaa.
- Schedule induction and briefing for new joiners on ACF and the policies.
Objective 4: Home health and hygiene awareness- raising.
Awareness-raising and education sessions on
- Personal hygiene (e.g. hand-washing in sessions)
- Hygiene at home
- Prevention of childhood diseases
- Use of health services & when to seek help.
Objective 5: Infant & young child feeding counselling (including breastfeeding practices)
- Nutritional education sessions
- Signs & symptoms of malnutrition & how to seek help
- Safe spaces for breastfeeding
- Informational sessions on exclusive breastfeeding, complementary feeding, continued breastfeeding, active feeding practices, and adaptation to family feeding
Any other tasks as required by the Head of Department (HoD)
Educational / Professional Background:
Secondary education and experience in public health, health education or social work
Required skills :
- Sense of confidentiality
- Skilled activity leader
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of care practices, nutritional practices and/or infant and young child feeding practices – Good communication and flexibility
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of health system
- Good relations with people
- Organisational and planning skills
- Ability to plan and run training sessions
- Speak and write Arabic fluently
- Experience with an NGO
- Speak and write English
- Microsoft office skills (word, excel, power point)
- Experience of supervision is considered an asset
- Level of the position: Technician.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents..
Candidates originally from “ Abyan ” as they we will be the first ones considered;
Women and persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email address : email@example.com or on Whatsapp on this 716322214 or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 23th April 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.