Ended Gender Expert
Position: Gender Expert
Deadline : 24 the April 2019
Contract Duration : One year
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and adopt a strategy that addresses gender-based violence.
- Implement all project's activities & organize events / workshops / conferences (networking) with multi-sectoral agencies, CSOs, NGOs working the field of women empowerment, in order to strengthen advocacy for gender mainstreaming in developmental programs.
- Identify gaps related to gender / women empowerment and provide appropriate solutions in various State and Central Government schemes.
- Conduct field visits as and when required, collect the data; analyze ,and report .
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the reporting officers.
- Promote gender equality within police forces.
- Adopt a gender equality policy at the police level.
- Effective response to gender- based Violence.
- Work closely with field team to ensure gender mainstreaming at the field level.
- Contribute in training facilitation.
- Conduct Gender Orientation for the new staff.
- Contribute in designing the awareness materials at the community level.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in social sciences, sociology, psychology, law, social work, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- Good English language.
- Minimum three years of professional experience in international and /or NGO; ideally involved implementation of gender and GBV programs, such as gender equality, women's protection and empowerment.
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in a multi-cultural environment, as well as fixable, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Deep conceptual understanding of gender- based violence, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including computer skills
All interested applicants should submit a CV in English to email@example.com , and firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 24 the April 2019.
Important Note : Please metion the job title in the subject of the email
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.