Ended Community Health Assistant
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is a fast growing organisation and has recently opened new offices. ZOA currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Community Health Assistant – 1 position
The Community Health Assistant will work closely with Health and Nutrition Officer and Reproductive Health (RH) Officer to provide support on direct implementation and coordination of the designated field projects. The Community Health Assistant will play a key role in ensuring ZOA programmes meet set quality standards as well as following national and international guidelines by the following; assist with the roll out of ZOA community health, provide frequent supervision and on job training of community health volunteers (CHVs) and support with reporting and evaluation.
- Support the Health and Nutrition Officer with the roll out of the community health programming in Al-Hajjah, including planning of proposed and monitoring of CHVs activities and identifying together with GHO and DHO suitable CHVs.
- Plan and roll out CHV activities in targeted villages at secondary and tertiary levels
- Conduct frequent supervision and on job training of the CHVs and ensure linkage with targeted health facilities
- Ensure that screening, case finding and referral is conducted inline MoPHP guidelines
- Coordinate with Health and Nutrition Officer to ensure IYCF (infant and young child feeding practices) messages in line with national guidelines are relayed through CHV community work
- In collaboration with the Health and Nutrition officer with the roll out of Mother to Mother Support Groups in targeted sub districts.
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with respective DHO and GHO departments as required.
- Support the Reproductive Health Officer with following up with pregnant women through CHVs.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks and working hours
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Judgment and problem solving
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
- Willingness to teach and train others
Location: Hajjah with regular travels to program areas
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
PLEASE mention the JOB TITLE + LOCATION in the Subject Field of your email and Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 18th of April 2019