Ended Project Officer
SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Project Officer (1).
Location: Taiz (1).
Contract Duration: 8 months Renewable.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The role of the Project Officer is to plan, execute, and manage project according to strict deadlines and within the allocated budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the project according to its plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Lead and be personally responsible for achieving his/her project goals.
- Ensure project delivery on time and within scope, budget, and acceptable quality.
- Develop the Project Initiation Document (PID) in accordance with procedures set forth by SOUL.
- Exercise his/her power and authority in project delivery in accordance with the Project Officer Authority Matrix set forth by SOUL.
- Develop and execute project plan and schedule using appropriate tools; track progress and revise schedule, scope, and cost as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensure project resource (e.g., staff, time, money, equipment, etc.) availability and allocation in a timely manner; re-plan when necessary.
- Communicate project objectives, scope, and expectations to project director, team members, and other stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis— provide stakeholders with a daily/weekly/monthly project progress update.
- Propose and manage project budget; re-budget when necessary.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis; ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to donor— ensure compliance with Contract, Term of Reference, Kick-off Meeting Agreement, and Plan.
- Write, review, and submit project reports to donors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Track and resolve issues and conflicts during the project implementation; report and escalate to Project Director as needed.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Define project success criteria, which have to be well-defined in the PID, and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- As needed, travel to project location to assure project activities are implemented according to project plan.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive actions and to be accountable for their assigned work.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes with respect to projects along with possible solutions.
- Provide SOUL Media Officer with necessary information for marketing and promotion purposes.
- Assure project legal documents are completed, signed, and archived.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor degree preferable in Engineering, technical equivalent or Environmental health
- At least 2-4 years of technical wash experience particularly in designing and implementing infrastructure works, preferably with NGOs.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into WASH issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Willing to undertake regular field visits to other governorates.
- Good analytical, and excellent oral communication, teamwork and people skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Effective listening; verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong command of both Arabic and English languages.
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 20.04.2019