Ended Financial and Administrative Affairs Unit Head
Post Title: Financial and Administrative Affairs Unit Head
Organization: Social Fund for Development
Location: Sana 'a
No. of Incumbents: 1
Date Announced: 10th April 2019
Closing Date: 25th April 2019
Purpose of the job: Incumbent of the position is planned to be the successor for the Financial and Administrative Affairs Unit Head. Thus, for a period of time, the selected candidate shall work closely with current Head to acquire knowledge and expertise of such role.
The incumbent will be, in the interim, responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Must maintain full knowledge and comprehension of the agreements with the donors fulfilling all the requisites and requirements mentioned in these agreements such as important dates and deadlines for certain reports and deliverables.
- Develop, refine, and direct use of accounting systems and internal control of those systems.
- Clearly preparing, analyzing and communicate monthly and annual financial statements and reports for all stakeholders.
- Overseeing and leading the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Managing organizational cash flow and forecasting and over site of all bank accounts.
- implementing a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system.
- Updating, documenting and implementing all necessary business policies and accounting practices to improve the finance department’s efficiency and financial controls.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities, guarantee compliance with all relevant regulations by ensuring that all program-related functions are conducted in compliance with regulations of the IRS and other agencies to which is accountable Respond to donors' inquiries in writing and participate the meetings with donors and participate in the discussion for financial matters.
- Participate and supervise the editing of withdrawal applications and its attachments and make sure that the bank statement and the reconciliation statement are in coherent and the figures and expenditures mentioned in the report are correct and eligible and in accordance with the grant's agreement.
- Schedule the preparation of the withdrawal applications and close monitoring of the bank balances of the grants.
- Coordinate efforts with the IT Unit in how to issue the required financial reports according to the grant's agreement, and ensure the correct layout of these reports in accordance with the donor requirements.
- Issue internal financing request to cover the deficit in the donor's account, when needed.
Qualifications and skills:
The candidate must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, (From an English Speaking University).
- Master MBA (From an English Speaking University).
- Experience of not less than five years as a financial manager in international organizations.
- Experience in preparing statistical financial reports and correspondence in Arabic and English
- Proficiency in English language in writing, reading, and speaking
- Computer proficiency
- First register your profile at: SFD Recruitment System After creating your account, complete all section of your profile and submit.
- To further confirm your application, send your CV to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Putting the job title as the email subject to be considered)
The application should comprise of a one-page cover letter explaining the applicants' interest and suitability for the position, and detailed CV (Arabic & English).
Applicant should submit their application before April. 25, 2019. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.