Position: Nutrition Assistant.
Vacancy Reference Number: NA_RMH19
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Nutrition Department works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects and program in collaboration with local, national and international partners. The overall objective of nutrition department is to save and improve lives of the targeted beneficiaries and contribute to a reduction in morbidity and mortality associated with acute malnutrition among children under-five years of age, pregnant and lactating women in collaboration with international donors, INGOs and UN agencies.
Under direct supervision of Nutrition Officer/Nutrition Project Coordinator (where applicable), the Nutrition Assistant will be responsible to ensure that the nutrition response activities (TSFP and BSFP) are executed in line with the national and international humanitarian standards and donor guidelines and it demands ability to manage, organize and support all aspects of the project. Coordinate and liaise with District Nutrition Supervisors and District Health Managers at field level and health care workers at health facility level in order to effectively implement Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) components (OTP, TSFP, BSFP, Community Outreach) in cost effective manner with no duplication/overlapping of activities and in accordance to the national guidelines. The will also staff capacity build health care workers, track all the nutrition supplies received at the targeted health facilities/BSFP FDPs, capacity build health care workers to prepare monthly nutrition reports and submit the same reports to the line supervisor for further submission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the management of the nutrition programmes including the provision of technical support, training and capacity building for the field teams and MoPH health care workers.
- Ensure CMAM and Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) scale-up in close collaboration with MoPH and other key partners and that the implementation conform to internationally accepted standards and country guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance and oversight of CMAM implementation by MoPH/IRY hired health workers at targeted health facilities though On-Job-Training, mentorship and regular supervision with an aim of capacity building them to ensure all nutrition registers and records are correctly done
- Network with other non-government organisations working in Nutrition and health at the district/governorate level and share notes and where necessary plan jointly.
- Implementation of project activities according to the project proposal document and log-frame guided by agreed work-plans and as guided by line supervisor.
- Support the systematic delivery of Health, Hygiene and Nutrition education messages to the target programme beneficiaries and the entire community.
- Monitor and track all nutrition commodities issued to IRY to ensure it reaches the intended final distribution points and that the same reaches the intended beneficiaries
- Conduct regular supervisory visits and random spot check to all the targeted health facilities to ensure consistency of provision of nutrition and health services.
- Monitor nutrition stock levels at health facility and warehouse/s (where applicable) and timely communication to line supervisor to make timely request to ensure there is no stock-out of any commodity at any moment
- Organize monthly review meeting with Community Health Volunteers and collect their reports and linking their activities to the linked health facilities.
- Participating in and/or leading nutrition, and/or multi-sectoral assessments as required in our areas of operation as requested by line supervisor
- To behave at all times in a manner which positively promotes Islamic Relief and its work in operation areas during implementation process
- To assess the training needs of health care workers in regard to implementation of nutrition activities in all the targeted health facilities and timely reporting to line supervisor for necessary action
- Provide regular and timely filed updates to the line supervisor on progress, priorities and constraints both verbally and in writing.
- Support health workers in the targeted health facilities to prepare all monthly nutrition reports, collection and collation of the same and timely submission to line supervisor for review and onward submission.
- Assist line supervisor in compilation of both IRY and donor reports to ensure set deadline are strictly adhered to.
- Maintain good and positive contacts with MoPH, local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in program activities.
- Prepare and submit quarterly project case studies/success stories to showcase project achievements and contribution of project in saving lives in your project areas.
- Document and share best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in your project areas.
- Developing fact sheets as needed on relevant nutrition issues affecting children and women to be used for advocacy and fundraising
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the line supervisor
- Three to five years’ experience in community based nutrition intervention preferably in emergency context
- Knowledge and practical experience of the national/international Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) protocols
- Adequate experience in set up and implementation of CMAM project
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops
- Experience in planning and preparation of clear budget breakdown for project activities
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to clear and precise reports
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
- Supervisory and managerial skills with proven ability to manage a demanding workload
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Previous experience working for I/NGO is an asset
- Proficient in computer application (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Good in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with program area is highly desired
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organization.
A degree or diploma in Nutrition or health related field.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short–listed candidates will be contacted.