Field Officer(2) (Re-Advertised) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Orphans and Child-Welfare Field officer
Position: Field officer(2)
Vacancy Reference Number: OCW- FO2-ADN21
Directly responsible for the registration, support and welfare of 400 orphans in their respective governorate.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Managing and implementation of 1-2-1 Orphan Sponsorship Programme and projects supporting Orphans as per IR Policy and Procedure in field level.
• Main strong collaboration and liaising with different stakeholders including internally (internally and externally among IRY head office and field offices, donors, guardians, other INGOs, etc.)
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The field officer is directly responsible for managing and implementation of 1-2-1 Orphan Sponsorship Programme ( 400 orphans each ) including orphans registration , field visits , payment follow-ups and report submissions for all orphans and assisting in implementing orphans projects as per IR Policy and Procedure in field level.
The OCW field officer is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
Field officer main responsibilities
• Continuous support to collect and verify orphan applications in order to support 1-2-1 Sponsorship Programme in associate with OCW Programme Manager.
• Continuous collection of relevant documents like photograph, birth certificate, health certificate, school certificate for the orphans’ supposed to be sponsored under IR 1-2-1 Sponsorship Program.
• Continuous home visits to IR Sponsored Orphans to oversee the welfare issue of IR Sponsored Orphan.
• Continuous School visits as per need to maintain liaison and obtain update with the School teacher to enhance rhythmic educational continuity of identified IR Sponsored Orphans.
• To aware orphans’ mothers / guardian regarding the different Children Right issue.
• To be responsible for uploading of relevant orphans’ application forms, annual reports, photos, on the orphan’s online system as per IR policy and procedure.
• To be responsible for the collection of data required for periodic Orphan’s 1-2-1 progress reports.
• To support the orphan family in opening orphans bank accounts.
• To support the programme in orphans payments.
• To liaise with relevant organisations / authorities to establish and improve the services for IRY sponsored orphans.
• To organize Information Education and (IEC) Communication session amongst the Community people pertaining to Widows and Orphan welfare issues.
• To organize different cultural events for IR Sponsored orphans within the approved budget limit in order to improve their sound mental and psychological well-being in association with Program officer-Orphans.
• Exploring ideas and concepts continuously for the welfare of the orphan’s and their families for potential funding sources in conjunction with OCWPM.
• Prepare and Submit monthly/Quarterly activity reports to the Programme Manager.
• To be responsible for the gifts distribution and reporting of gifts received for orphans.
• To assist the programme in preparation, implementation and reporting of child welfare projects and seasonal projects such as Qurbani, Ramadan Food, In kind donations, school bag distribution and others.
• Any other tasks requested by Head of Unit relevant to Orphan 1-2-1 Sponsorship Program.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief vision and mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
• Must be a graduate in development studies or social sciences.
• A proven record of designing, monitoring & implementing development program.
• Good understanding of development and relief issues as well as appreciation of cultural and social differences.
• Understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection.
• An understanding of child development/ welfare / education projects especially within the context of Yemen.
• Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Development and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures and administrative systems.
• Report writing skills.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Flexible & Patient. Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
• A minimum of five years' experience of working for an international NGO.
• Commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of staff.
• Experience in designing manuals and strategic plans
• Ability to deliver training and awareness sessions
• Ability to develop P&P.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل