Ended Human Resources Officer
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Job Location: Sana’a
Reporting to: Administrative Manager
Application Closing Date: 27 April 2019
Duration of Initial Contract: One year (extendable based upon performance)
Resonate! Yemen is a youth-run foundation aiming to bring the voices and ideas of young Yemenis to Yemen's public policy discourse and support youth action on issues of national and international significance. Resonate! works on providing opportunities for young Yemenis to build policy analysis and civic leadership skills, and encouraging policy makers in Yemen to accept youth as major stakeholders in policy design and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the HR Unit and update Resonate’s HR guidelines and organizational policies.
- Manage the HR team.
- Manage Resonate employees files, HR database and activities of the HR Unit.
- Responsible for advising recruiting managers on writing job descriptions, Vacancy Authorization Forms and interview questions.
- Responsible for advertising of recruitments, taking part in interviews and carrying out pre-employment checks.
- Develop Resonate’s HR contract templates, prepare new contracts, extensions and amendments and follow up on probation periods in coordination with the managers and HR unit.
- Review and update Resonate’s internal salary scale, bonus policies, and promotion policies.
- Ensure all contracts, extensions and amendments are signed by employee and properly archived.
- Keep the employee files up to date for both active and previous employees.
- Ensure all personnel files are updated and archived properly.
- Keep the HR database updated.
- Update contracts dates, leaves, overtime, advances, medical, per diem, loans and deduction in the monthly database.
- Prepare and follow up the staff’s attendance, medical reimbursement, loans, advances and payment of daily workers.
- Prepare the monthly payroll information.
- Ensure all required documents for payroll are processed on time.
- Ensure the implementation of the recruitment policy.
- Follow the steps of the recruitment process with the managers.
- Ensure that all required information i.e Job advertising, CV, recruitment file, written test, interview grid and references check are archived in HR file.
- Focal Point for all staff leave tracking and ensure the leave tracking data base are accurate (annual, sick,..)
- Report all Disciplinary actions at the office to the HR Unit immediately as they arise and seek guidance and support.
- Participate in the disciplinary meetings and ensure compliance to Resonate! Yemen Disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality of all HR disciplinary procedures.
- Performance Reviews:
- Follow up on staff annual performance reviews.
- Set reviews tracker and follow up with managers to carry out the performance review for their supervisee.
- Keep an updated tracker for staff performance review due date.
- Report to the Administrative manager any performance issues immediately.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
•University degree in HR, business administration or related field.
•Minimum three years’ experience in working with NGOs in Yemen.
•High level of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
•Ability to multi-task and deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
•Good understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
•Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
•Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel is a must.
•Supervisor and problem solving skills.
•Fluency written and spoken in English and Arabic.
•The candidate must be able to follow guidelines and reinforce organizational policies with all staff members, including seniorstaff.
•A positive attitude and an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team in a stressful environment.
•Excellent skills in problem-solving and a results-orientedapproach to HR management.
- Interested candidates should send their CVs to : email@example.com
- “Please mention the Position on your email Subject”.
- Deadline for application: 27th April 2019
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.