Ended Electrical Technician
Electrical Technician – Hodeida
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Program has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
Under the supervision of Supply Chain Coordinator, Electrical Technician is Provide ICT support in all Power System & IT operations, maintaining Electrical hardware & Generator & Solar Systems according to insuring all save the children Offices Power System are up and running.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Work & Respond quickly to all service requests for all Networking of Generator, Electrical and Solar System in Hodeida Offices including guesthouses and warehouse, with efficiently repair electrical systems.
- Commit to compliance with all safety standard and regulations at all times,
- Troubleshoot all problems effectively for Electrical Generators with perform preventative maintenance & repairs, with Checking Oil, Water, Fuel, Load, Filters, Elect Sockets related & Cleaning it as the needs.
- Install new equipment and wiring trunking to infrastructure of Electrical, Internet, Solar, Fire alarm, Extension phone Networking as needed
- Always seek the solution that is most cost effective without compromising quality
- Assess systems and suggest modifications to prevent future issues
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Make sure that all the SCI Buildings are protect by Earthling System by installing and Repair the Earthling systems in all the SCI Offices & GH & WH.
- Troubleshoot all problems for all Solar System in (SCI Buildings, Health Units) Check power from panel, load on battery, Voltage of battery, Inverters, Charging Controllers.
- Insure that all Health Units Staff have a good knowledge of using Solar System.
- Prepare weekly report to the Area IT Officer, which includes work plans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, degree in electrical engineering preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an electrical technician
- Experience fabricating, assembling, and installing wire for all networking as Elect, Internet, Solar Systems, Fire alarm, CCTV.
- Experience installing electrical panels, Electrical Combiner Box.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and all necessary equipment
- Good reporting skills, Good Communications-Training skills.
- Highly organized and working well under pressure.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 20/04/2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
please mention the Job title and Location in the subject of the applicants email.