Ended Fleet and Warehouse Officer
JOB TITLE: Fleet and Warehouse Officer
JOB FAMILY: Property and Logistics
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT /LOCATION: Hajjah-Shafar
OXFAM GB PURPOSE:
To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
To provide logistics support in terms of Fleet and Warehouse management for Oxfam’s Hajjah - Shafar programme
Post holder reports to: Logistics Manager – Shafar
Staff reporting to this post: Drivers
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Carry out tasks within guidelines laid down by managers / supervisor.
- Tasks are usually routine but will require the use of initiative and/or basic planning.
- Responsible for the proper use of equipment by others, with due regard to health & safety standards and guidelines
- Managing warehousing with all relevant documentation.
- Required to gather and give information to supervisors, managers and occasionally members of the public.
- Impact wider than own team/processes. Contributes to improvements in processes.
Warehouse and Asset Management
- To ensure that goods are received into, and issued from, Oxfam warehouses in accordance with Oxfam GB procedures, using relevant documentation like Bin card update, stock request ...
- To ensure that accurate records of stock levels and movements are kept and shared with Country Logistics.
- To ensure regular (at least 2 month) stock checks and reconciliation is carried out.
- To carry out the customs clearance process for goods arriving in the country, and for goods being exported
- To ensure that accurate records are kept of Oxfam assets and inventory management in accordance with standard Oxfam definitions and procedures. Regular update on assets tagging, disposal, donation and new purchasing and sharing with Country Logistics team.
- To report monthly on vehicle management, stock and warehouse management and generator related activities to the Logistics Manager.
- Make ensure safety and security for warehouse, generator office and staff house.
- Keep proper records for fuel consumption of generators and maintains in regular time interval.
- To ensure that the proper administrative procedures and standards for order follow-up, ordering, stock keeping and dispatch are followed.
TRANSPORT – Staff & materials:
- Ensure rental vehicle fleet, rental drivers or Oxfam drivers comply with Oxfam vehicle and drivers policies and that an effective fleet management system is established with minimum risks to Oxfam.
- Regular meeting with drivers and update all security related issue with support of security officer.
- Regular update of vehicle usage and check the documents and preparing payment pack and submit to finance on time.
- Daily sharing vehicle management plan for programme team through security officer.
- Supervising and planning vehicle allocation in order to optimally serve the needs of the programme.
- To ensure Oxfam and rental company drivers are trained and aware of Oxfam security and travel protocols and following our requirement.
- Coordinate with Sana Fleet officer to get any support from vehicle rental company.
- Ensure proper check of vehicles before engaging them to work with Oxfam in order that all required health and safety standards are met.
- Maintain records of both rental and Oxfam vehicle and drivers licences for security and legal compliance purposes.
- Make a cross check for each vehicle in teams of fuel level, cleaning of vehicle, first Aid items and security related things.
- Ensure drivers adhere to, and respect the Oxfam laid down vehicle policies and procedures as well as signing of non-staff code of conduct for all non- Oxfam drivers
- In case of emergency and in consultation with the project manager, to safe guard vehicles and other capital equipments either by disabling it, hiding it or by driving it to safety, under the condition that this effort does not jeopardise the personal safety of any staff involved.
- To manage and supervise on a daily basis the generator operator, Guards and casual labours in warehouse, and the drivers.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Qualification and/or extensive experience in logistics related to skills as listed above ( managing supplies, assets, team support, and vehicle management)
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy
- Good experience in: warehousing, vehicle management, administration.
- Good written and spoken English, Arabic.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Valid driving licence.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: