Ended Health Information System Data Entry
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Health Information System Data Entry
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time contract.
Position reporting to: Project Coordinator.
Number of vacancies: Two.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: April 11, 2019.
Design format for field data collection and to ensure all health information related to programs are consolidated and represented to facilitate analysis. Monitoring the progress of the program against the target. Facilitating all Human resources related activities for health workers, with full coordination with programs and coordinator to ensure capacity-building plan is done and implemented.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Help Project Manager in training the new staff in information system formats and make sure that all concern people at health facility level understand the reporting system.
- Collect, Revise, enter daily, weekly and monthly reports into health and nutrition database, including online systems, and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Analyze data per each targeted sites and illustrates the achievement for each week and month.
- Provide coaching to key staff on the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and revise the reports before submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports and databases.
- With support of Project Manager, develop Individual monthly and or quarterly plans for refresher trainings and on job coaching of facility staff on reporting
- Urgently inform the Health program officer and coordinator of any disease outbreaks and consult on the mitigation plan.
- With coordination with Project Manager to follow all human resource needs for health staff. Like (ID card, Emails, medical insurance,) with focal person for HR.
- Prepare the payment sheet for incentive staff and volunteers in monthly basis and submitted to the Finance department.
- Analyze the data and prepare weekly and monthly report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement and advice on the actions that need to be taken in liaison with the Project Manager and coordinator.
- To help in conducting health surveys and according to the needs.
- Documentation of all document related for the project, including reports, data base, and MEMOs. assessment reports.
- Provide support in preparing up to date and accurate data on targeted districts (villages, population, targeted areas.
- Participate in data, reporting, training, and making various registration forms, sheets, survey outputs, reporting forms.
- Maintain data backup on regular basis, (hard and soft)
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Take up any job related assignment as requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Medical Staff Medical statistician/ Nurse/ Midwife.
- Has experience clinical management no less than two years.
- Excellent English language skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding rights-based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with community.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of staff with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Experience in using computer programs (word, excel. act).
- Commitment to SDF’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety),
- Previous experience with other INGOs/NGOs will be an asset
- Team Spirit.
NOTE: People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to send a detailed CV and a Cover Letter in English, clearly specifying the position in the email subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight April 17th , 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Any emails without a clear subject; indicates the Position that he/she is applying for; will be discarded.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted