Ended Medical Specialist - OBGYN
Position: Medical Specialist - OBGYN
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till September 30, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Provide emergency and inpatient medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. This also entails providing general medical care to women and children.
The Medical Specialist - OBGYN will be responsible but not limited to:
- Provide basic health care (examination and basic treatment) to patients attending the Hospital and field.
- Provide child health care and treatments to acute & emergency cases and refer those might need hospital care to public health facilities.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Perform field visits to follow-up on patients identified by Camp Management
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of other medical staff required by the project
- Have a good understanding of ADRA policies and procedures and apply to daily work
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information including name, age, diagnosis, recommendations and follow-up action required.
- Submit individual case records to the Health & Nutrition Coordinator on a weekly basis
- Report any emergency cases directly to the Project Coordinator for immediate action
- Establish strategic relationships with beneficiaries, their leaders and spokespeople
- Working with other doctors as part of a team, either in the same department or within other specifies.
- Promoting health education.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants and other medical staff.
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities required and requested by the program manager or his representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- More than Three years of experience as an Obstetrics and Gynecology doctor.
- Medical board/ Master’s degree/two year diploma in OB-GYN
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.