Ended Logistics/Procurement Assistants
Position: Logistics/Procurement Assistants
Location: Al Hodaidah
Reports to: Logistics/Procurement Officer
Duration: Till September 30, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Procurement & Logistic Assistant will help to prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. He/she will be responsible for building and controlling the Global Communities’ database of contractors and suppliers
The Logistics/Procurement Assistants will be responsible but not limited to:
- Coordinate with Procurement Officer to initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- according to the ADRA Yemen procurement policy.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through quotation analysis, purchase requests and purchase orders according to ADRA procurement policy.
- Prepare procurement contract and submit it to the Project Manager for approval as requested.
- Follow-up with the finance team section and vendors, as needed.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Deliver all items and goods to the warehouse.
- Ensure compliance with Global Communities’ and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise and schedule the drivers and vehicles to coordinate between them and avoid the conflict of interest.
- Provide technical assistance when required and update inventory and allocation of assets on weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with ADRA standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the programs and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Directly supervise drivers managing their schedules.
- maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- Submit detailed records of purchases.
- Ensure that the monthly Bills are paid regularly.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by his /her supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experiences in a similar position.
- A previous experience working with humanitarian organizations is preferred.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic is essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
- Very good organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with willingness to pay attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Arabic)
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.