Ended Warehouse Assistant
Position: Warehouse Assistant
Reports to: Health Supervisor
Duration: Till September 30, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for all warehouse operations in terms of receiving, tracking commodities, dispatching, monitoring transportation to targeted final distribution points, general cleanliness of the warehouse and preparation of all required reports to the supervisor
The “Warehouse Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports.
- Compile monthly inventory/stock report for Log Base.
- Assist in equipment and stock inventory when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities
- Good written and spoken English.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Good organizing skills.
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well,
- ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
- Experience with computers - Microsoft Word and Excel plus email.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.