Ended Field Officer
Position: Field Officer
Location: Al Hudidah
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: Till September 30, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The overall role of the Field Officer is to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate different project activities in close coordination. He/she is also responsible for the registration, training, delivering inputs to beneficiaries, in addition, to ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality.
Field Officer will perform in the field to promote community participation in different project activities.
The Field Officer will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assist in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data.
- Promote Hygiene Awareness through a simple information and education campaign that will promote messages and activities in the field according to awareness work plan.
- Conduct daily, weekly or required field monitoring visits.
- Monitor the distribution of the Hygiene vouchers and document the distribution process under the supervision of the WASH Technical Officer.
- Monitor voucher exchange in local stores and ensure compliance to project regulations.
- Monitor voucher usage in local stores and at the household level to collect information for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Submit weekly reports and activity plans to the WASH Technical Officer.
- Submit a monthly report on all projects activities to the WASH Technical Officer.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by his /her supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A university degree in relevant field is required.
- Two years’ experience in similar field with international NGOs
- Strong Community Mobilization skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and its program at field level
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of Yemen
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.