Ended Nutrition Supervisor
Position: Nutrition Supervisor
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till September 30, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Working as an important member of a diverse team who are committed to serve one of the most vulnerable communities with practical and compassionate care the Nutrition Supervisor has a vital role to play in improving the overall nutrition situation of the target population. This involves implementing quality nutrition services and contributing to the effective management of the assigned nutrition project in line with the objectives, budget and time frame laid down in the proposal. The role also includes enhancing beneficiary participation, managing and training local staff, integrating nutritional assessments and treatment in existing health care programs and planning and initiating new nutrition projects / proposals.
The Nutrition Supervisor will be responsible but not limited to:
- With the support of nutrition team, ensure the smooth implementation of a CMAM.
- Supervise and work in strict collaboration with the nutrition team in the screening activities of severely malnourished children (MAM and SAM).
- Follow-up beneficiary food provision.
- Support the health staff in severe malnutrition case management according to national guidelines.
- Assist the nursing staff in the implementation of CMAM/IMAM activities.
- Participate in the conduction of nutrition research studies, Best practice documentation, publication, surveys and campaigns.
- Ensure strict adherence to breast milk substitute guidelines for beneficiaries.
- Develop and coordinate the adherence and reporting of nutrition education sessions as per developed annual plan.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff in case detection and referral system.
- Ensure timely reporting in of activities in accordance with set deadlines.
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or technical manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in nutritional science, dietetics, or food science.
- Previous field supervision experience in a related field.
- Proven experience as a Nutrition Supervisor for no less than two years.
- Team working skills.
- Keen interest in the impact of diet on health.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
- Computer skills especially Ms. Office.
- An understanding of biochemistry or human physiology
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.