Ended Field Engineer Technician (2)
Field Engineer Technician Reference ID: R32/2019
The field engineer will follow up the planning and the implementation of the infrastructure activities planned to be implemented in target areas . The role will specifically be to ensure that the contracted services are implemented following national and international best standards and best practices.
In order to perform this role effectively, the field engineer must be able to effectively communicate with the stakeholders and ensure quality services are provided to the target communities.
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
- Assist WASH Officer in preparing drawings/design/BoQs of all WASH interventions.
- Weekly collection and reporting of necessary data for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators.
- Prepare required progress/weekly reports for the WASH Officer.
- Prepare, oversee, update the work plan for the projects activities and ensure meeting of deadlines.
- To support WASH Officer on preparing procurement related specifications and relevant details when preparing Purchase Requisitions.
- Assist WASH Officer in Reporting and collecting data from all Field Monitors.
- Participate in a field level needs assessment/survey/data collection of proposed WASH activities such as developing summary bill of quantities (BOQ) and preparing detailed report of assessment/survey findings.
- Actively participate in collection of useful data, success stories and beneficiaries list as required.
- To document the project including through photos, short film diaries, blogs and written input for the report for the project.
- Assist the WASH Officer with meeting Finance and Logistic department requirements and support services in order to carry out activities in areas of operation as required.
- Daily communication with the field staff.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Day-to-day support related to programmatic and coordination duties.
- Lead the management of documents, filing system.
- Coordinate and plan with the WASH team; attending joint meetings and assessments as needed.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and humanitarian principles.
- Any other duties might be assigned by WASH Officer.
- Supervise contractors.
- Report works progress to WASH Officer.
- Collaborate in awareness raising activities and events conducted by the project
- Any other duties that arise related to the project success
- Attend and participate in weekly devotional meetings.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organizing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree or Post graduate Diploma in Civil or Mechanical engineering.
- 2 years’ experience in an infrastructure project (tender procedure, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, evaluation and monitoring).
- Experience in design, planning and implementation of water supply networks.
- Experience in NGOs, preferably in implementing programs in any field related to water or sanitation: involving assessments, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, and evaluation and monitoring.
- Work experience within international organizations.
- Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to travel across the country regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Understanding of internet and email.
- Experience in managing infrastructure works, and in coordinating activities with partners and facilitating capacity building.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.