Ended WASH Engineer Officer (2)
wash engineer officer
Reference ID: R33/2019
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
- Define the reference standards to be adopted in the planned water supply systems
- Prepare the Terms of Reference (ToR) and tender documents for the design and supervision consultant
- Follow up on the technical survey and data analysis
- In collaboration with logistic unit, review draft design reports, Bills of Quantities (BoQs), and tender documents prepared by the design firm
- In collaboration with logistic unit, contribute in finalizing the design report, BoQ, and tender document report
- In collaboration with logistic unit, prepare and launch tender bidding procedure for construction contractor(s)
- Work with field officers in the implementation of project activities in the field office defined by the Head of Programmes in coordination with staff attached with respective projects
- Organize internal and external forums for discussion at the field level on project performance and to ensure coordination with stakeholders.
- Coaching staff & create smooth working environment in all levels of the project area.
- Liaise with concerned government authorities and ensure the programme strategy, objectives and activities are understood and agreed and appropriate communication channel is in place
- Organize regularly evaluation meetings of team members
- Organize monthly meetings with the team and report the outcome to HOP
- Ensure that lessons and best practices derived through implementation of project are well articulated and documented
- Be directly responsible for field officers management and implementation of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programme
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality are adhered to in all engineering activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given emergency stage, realistic and on budget.
- Ensure effective management and operational systems are established at all completed water and sanitation infrastructure, which are appropriate for the emergency stage and that take account of the projected course of the emergency situation.
- Establishing network with the INGOs, UN agencies, local authorities and other actors in the area (Wash, Nutrition, livelihood etc)
- Liaise and coordinate with stakeholders wash clusters, UNICEF, MOWE, LWC, LWA GWARP etc
- Develop productive working relationships with Government, Non-Governmental institutions and other project partners
- Establishing linkage with community leaders and representatives
- Participate in the relevant sub-cluster meetings and other related forum at district or governorate level
- Conduct regular meetings with other project staffs to discuss and document lessons learned
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to other governorates to supervise, implement wash projects.
- Generate ideas to strengthen the development of wash project in Yemen
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Al-Atta Institution Yemen staff regulations and charter
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on an on-going basis, and adapt to a shift or change in priorities, including the ability to work a flexible work schedule as needed to meet deliverable deadlines
- Compile the weekly and monthly statistics and activity report.
- Document and share lessons learnt in a comprehensive and detailed manner to enable track trends on changes on a timely basis
- Provide written feedback when and if there is need .
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organizing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor in Public Health, Water/Civil Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
- 3-5 year experience in wash sector
- Knowledge and practical experience of water and sanitation
- Capacity to facilitate trainings
- Experience in budget monitoring
- Management experience at project level 4 C) TECHNICAL SKILLS Required:
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce project documents
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with appropriate follow up while paying close attention to detail and show initiative in completing tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Ability to read and abstract information from a variety of sources/formats
- Supervisory skills with proven ability to manage a demanding workload
- Training provision and teamwork abilities
- Previous experience working for conflict environment an asset Desired:
- Training/facilitation skill.
- Computer literate, especially MS Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English languages
- Familiarity with program area is highly desired
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.