Ended Logistic Assistant
Reference ID: R36/2019
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
- Coordinate with Logistic Officer to initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary according to the ARD policy.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through quotation analysis, purchase requests and purchase orders according to ARD policy.
- Follow-up with the finance team section and vendors, as needed.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards including donor’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise and schedule the drivers and vehicles to coordinate between them and avoid the conflict of interest.
- Provide technical assistance when required and update inventory and allocation of assets on weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with ARD standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the programs and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Directly supervise drivers managing their schedules.
- Submit detailed records of purchases.
- Ensure that the monthly Bills are paid regularly.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by his /her supervisors.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organizing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in technical studies.
- At least one year previous field experience in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required.
- Good communication and representative skills.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Good at English speaking and writing. At least 2 years previous field experience in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.