Ended Finance Assistant
Finance Assistant, Reference ID: R38/2018:
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9Months, renewable based of funding availability
Finance assistant ensure an effective and efficient service for the financial assessment of and income collection . To ensure that clients' financial records are maintained in an effective manner and to provide advice and information, where appropriate, to assist the delivery of quality services. It will be necessary to work with information technology and associated systems and existing technology agreements and consultative procedures will be applied in accordance with ARDs policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post daily transactions in QuickBooks, and updating financial spreadsheets.
- Check and scrutinize invoices for accuracy.
- Generate regular reports with accounting software.
- Set client fees and adjust fees as needed.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and observe department budgets
- Assist with the collection and management of client account balances.
- Investigate and resolve any client account discrepancies.
- Assist interns in transferring and/or closing client files.
- Report any disconcerting discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities.
- Prepare monthly statements and invoices to vendors.
- Answers questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as requested.
- Verify daily credit card reports against merchant and receipts.
- Assist staff Accountant in preparation of annual Audit.
- Process and reconcile bank deposits.
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings.
- Assist with financial reporting to managers and senior executives.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organizing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- One year of customer service experience minimum.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Organizational, planning skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.