Ended Health Information System Officer
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-governmental organization that works in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen and it has several branches around the country. ARD has contributed significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CVs before the deadline.
Health Information System Officer Reference ID: R39/2019
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Designing format for field data collection and ensuring all health information is consolidated and represented to facilitate analysis. Monitoring the progress of the program in regard to the target. Facilitating all Human resources related activities for health workers, with full coordination with program coordinator to ensure capacity building plan is done and implemented.
Key areas of accountability:
- Help the program coordinator in training new staff in health information system formats and make sure that all targeted people at health facility understand the reporting system.
- Revise and enter weekly and monthly reports into health database and platform, and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Analyze health information data per each program, illustrate the achievements for each month and quarter, and present them in monthly program meetings and in the monthly health newspaper.
- Provide coaching to key staff on the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and revised before submission of monthly reports and databases.
- With support from the Health Coordinator develop Individual monthly and/ or quarterly plans for refresh trainings.
- Urgently inform the Health coordinator of any diseases or outbreaks and consult on the mitigation plan.
- Build the capacity of the health office key staff on how to generate and use HIS data collected from the health facilities.
- With coordination with program coordinator following all human resource needs for health staff. Like ( ID card, Emails, medical insurance.) with a focal person from HR.
- Prepare the payment sheets of incentive for staff and volunteers in monthly basis and submit them to Finance department.
- Help program coordinator in organizing and conducting all technical trainings needed for the program.
- Analyze the data and prepare monthly reports for the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement and the actions that need to be taken in liaison with the HNC.
- Help in conducting health surveys and assessments starting from planning up to data analysis and assessment report.
- Working effectively as a team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Any other tasks assigned by manager.
- Bachelor Degree in computer sciences or IT, medical background is essential.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- Previous experience in project management, including multi sector programs.
- Budget management experience
- Demonstrable experience of Monitoring and Evaluation and beneficiary accountability
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of ARD.
- Had a previous experience in humanitarian health.
- Experience of working in Health programs in emergencies and epidemic outbreaks.
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities set above are not comprehensive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.