Ended Health Mobilization Officer (2)
Health mobilization officer: Reference ID: R40/2019
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Health mobilization officer:
The Health mobilization officer will be responsible for selecting and supporting community health volunteers (CHVs); assist Community Health Manager in training and supervising CHVs. S/he will also promote collaboration and linkages between the mobile team/health facilities and the displaced people and the surrounding communities through the formation of a network of community resources people. In addition, the HMO is jointly responsible with HM for sensitizing the communities and supporting them in identifying main health problems.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Select CHVs as per set criteria from the identified communities and facilitate mapping of the community health actors, help HM in assessing training needs and organizing training sessions
- Supervise and provide trainings to CHVs, review and evaluate the performance of the CHVs.
- Implement the community health service package in coordination with partners, MoPH and monitor its implementation
- Guide the CHV’s in the implementation of the set action plans. Conduct weekly supervisory meetings with CHVs. Conduct regular visits to the CHVs in their communities to assess their work.
- Assist with the formation of community health committees.
- Identify and report immediately to the HM any problem that may interfere in achieving program objectives.
- Monitor progress of work plan; promptly identify any current or potential delays.
Required qualification and experience
- Technical diploma or degree in medical or social development or community mobilization fields is required.
- Minimum three years professional experience in implementing and supervising community health volunteers and community mobilization projects
- Proven ability in designing community mobilization, sensitization and awareness raising activities
- Good training and capacity building skills
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable
- Fluency in English preferred.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.