Ended Pharmacist Officer
Pharmacist Officer Reference ID: R42/2019
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Under the overall guidance and supervision of health project officers and health Coordinator, the pharmacist will support the daily operational management of all pharmacies and pharmacists activities in the assigned regions, and provide the technical support for pharmacists, ensure timely flow of information to and from field. He/she is also responsible for monitoring and evaluating pharmacies in delivery according to national protocol.
In addition, support the program in term of regulating the consumption of all medication items including therapies.
Key areas of accountability:
- Guarantee the implementation and proper use (following SCI and MOPH’s standards) of pharmacy management and monitoring tools (daily follow up form, order forms, etc.).
- Ensure that projects’ pharmacies are organized and managed properly.
- Participate in the setup of new pharmacies in the health facilities and define how they should be run.
- Ensure the information flow from other team members.
- Monitor all medicines and equipment in coordination with logistic and finance teams.
- Manage disposal of expired medicines in conformity with national procedures.
- Manage the emergency stock and the emergency boxes (related to international and national staff health).
- Ensure that narcotics and psychotropic drugs management follows national legislation and enables the traceability of products.
- Insure that no shortage of medicines and supplies in the targeted health facilities from the available stock.
- Collect and prepare Monthly consumption and warehouse reports.
- Ensure proper GIK management.
- In collaboration with the medical and logistics team, ensure there is a supply process of medicines and medical material in the project (procedures, etc.).
- Communicate regularly with the medical, logistics, HR and finance departments concerning medical supply.
- Guarantee respect of SCI’s recommendations and information process in case of local purchase.
- Assist the logistics teams with customs clearance procedures of medical orders, if needed.
- Ensure that the final version of orders has been sent to the field (lead-time, quantities, etc.)
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or program manager or technical manager.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for program staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Bachelor Degree in pharmacology.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in pharmacy management
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings.
- Experience in Computer and Microsoft office programs.
- Strong experience in GIK management.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with level of professional, technical and administrative skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not comprehensive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.