Ended Health Coordinator
Health Coordinator Reference ID: R43/2019
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Under overall guidance and supervision of health program manager, the Health Program Coordinator will support the daily operational management of FP activities in the assigned health facilities, and provide the technical support for health team, ensure timely flow of information to and from field. He/she is also responsible to monitor and evaluate the reproductive health services delivery according to national protocol.
Key areas of accountability:
- Ensure the effective management and development while assessing emergency health programmers.
- Monitor, review and evaluate the situation within the framework of the overall SC emergency response.
- Ensure quality of implemented activities in compliance with Country Strategy as well as SCI and donor guidelines.
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, procurement plan, recruitment plan, and meal plan.
- Ensure proper communication and coordination with different stakeholders involved in health activities. Ensure minimum standards are maintained in accordance to humanitarian and MOH guidelines. (MISP, SPHERE ..etc).
- Represent SC at the health working group/ sub cluster and government meetings at sub field locations.
- Meet regularly with project and finance managers to monitor project spending.
- Provide technical support to health staff, partners and government authorities.
- Prepare timely program and donor reports.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the health team including community mobilization officer, HIS officer, pharmacist officer and reproductive health officer to monitor progress in implementation, discuss challenges and plan forward.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in place.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined, understood and objectives are set and regularly monitored.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for the staff and work to increase their competencies, capacities and personnel skills.
- Ensure effective involvement of staff in running the program through participatory approach in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and decision-making.
- Ensure that staffs perform well and they are monitored on a daily basis to fulfil the required indicators of the program.
- Maintain and strengthen links with NGOs, and other agencies including government ministries.
- Identify needed supplies and perform stock management for medicines.
- Maintain working relationships with government ministries, UN agencies, International and local health organizations.
- Work to enhance integration of multi-sectoral activities; such as WASH sector activities.
- Coordinate with logistics, administration, and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project activities.
- Undertake field visits to provide guidance and supervision as well as to monitor the progress of activities.
- Ensure proper GIK management.
- Ensure proper community awareness activities.
- Prepare periodic narrative and financial reports according to the donor requirements.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Provide support and work closely with MEAL team.
- Comply with SC policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or technical manager.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Proven ability to manage a program.
- Experience in the staff training and the capacity building of national structures.
- Understand rights based approaches and participatory concepts.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relationships with relevant local authorities in political and militarily sensitive environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account diplomacy, cultural and language difficulties.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
- Previous experience in humanitarian projects.
- Experience in working in health programs during emergencies and epidemic outbreaks
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not comprehensive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.