Ended Health Officer (2)
HEALTH OFFICER- Reference ID: R46/2019
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the Project manager, Health Officer will work for a close coordination with GHO, Health institutions and other relevant stakeholders in the targeted districts to ensure activities implementation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all Health activities in the project locations and responsible for reporting to the Program Manager and to the health sub cluster.
• Monitor the implementation of the project activities through field visits.
• Attend meetings with local authorities, clusters and other agencies.
• Assist in developing work plans, recruitment plans, reporting mechanisms and training plans.
• Ensure the use of some health protocols.
• Work closely to determine trainings needed for staff.
• Work with the M&E unit to implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the project.
• Assist in the compilation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports with the M&E unit.
• Narrative monthly reports to the project Manager consisting of project achievements and challenges.
• Work with field teams and logistics to deliver supplies according to the program budget.
• Regularly update the project manager on any progress.
• Liaise closely with local authorities and health cluster.
• Ensure the project compliance with donor policies and regulations.
• Document best success stories from the project with the Quality control officer and M&E team and share them with the project manager in order to be exchanged with the donor (3 success stories per month)
• Work to establish complaints mechanisms and activate feedback systems during all stages of the program. • Observe and supervise the work of the HF staff and engage them in training programs according to the national guidelines (IMCI, EPI, CMAM ..etc)
• Actively represent ARD by attending cluster/coordination meetings at the targeted governorates.
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and an overall credibility of the organization.
• Assist in selecting program staff, recommending promotions and terminating unqualified staff.
• Ensure the compliance to the local labor laws including working hours
• Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
• Maintain frequent contact with project manager
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• A medical doctor with high qualification in Public Health (preferred) /or with an experience in a relevant field of study.
• Commitment to work with marginalized and disadvantaged group of people, and in remote areas.
• Experience in RH, MSP, IMCI, EPI&CMAM.
• Knowledge of government health system.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Excellent reporting and data analysis skills.
• Microsoft office skills mainly Word, Excel and Power Point
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.