Ended Mechanical and Power Engineer
Mechanical and Power Engineer
Location: : based in the Al-Mahwit Governorate, with frequent visits to different
Reporting to: Project Manager
Start date: May 2019
Contract Duration: 5 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Inspect, design, install and fix electrical machines, pumps , generators and all equipment.
- Inspect, design, and install Solar systems and components.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical and power or related qualification
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a Mechanical Engineer
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time-management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tactic and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link:
Deadline. 18 -04-2019
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position