Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for:
Location: Haydan, Saada governorate
Contract duration: 1 year fixed term contract
Start Date: ASAP
Contract type: Full time
Reporting to: Medical Referent
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies including swab counts, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper OT registry entry/documentation of all OT intervention.
- Coordinates the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols (antibiotic prophylaxis, post-operative pain management, thrombo-prophylaxis, caesarean section, blood transfusion, etc) .
- Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anaesthetist and/or other medical staff involved, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate.
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist, carry-out the collection and analysis of quantitative surgical- anaesthesia data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operating department register, patient file, etc to monitor quality. Monthly revue data and analyze clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome. Support organizing the operating program and with OT staff monitor use of material and equipment and advise on instrument needs and coordinates patient referral.
- Knows and helps implement the accidental blood exposure policy.
- Plan, evaluate, and supervise the training of the staff (emergency and the out-patient teams) in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities.
- Participates in daily rounds including charting a plan for the patient in the appropriate file.
- Must be willing to see patients in ER (even non-surgical patients) and be on-call after hours for the ER, IPD, and the OT, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Essential: Medical doctor diploma, surgical specialty, as recognized by the State
Essential: Prior Emergency Surgical Experience, preferably with knowledge of orthopaedics and trauma care
Essential: Arabic and English
Essential: computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Results, Teamwork , Flexibility, Commitment, People Management
Applications must be in ENGLISH language. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, relevant training/work certificates, and recommendations from previous employers.
MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES FRANCE
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 27th April 2019 – 6:00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned.