Ended Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism Manager
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism Manager
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Sana’a, Yemen
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: One Year
Deadline : 18 April 2019
As an organization, Mercy Corps is committed to preventing all forms of exploitation and abuse. A Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism is an essential part of Mercy Corps’ commitment to excellence and integrity. It gives individuals, organizations and local groups a means of raising concerns or sharing feedback (positive and negative) with Mercy Corps, independently from program operations. In the context of Yemen, rolling out CARM across the country, will ensure that the country team’s programs will continue to uphold Mercy Corps’ high standards of accountability.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The CARM Manager will work under the supervision of the Program Performance and Quality Director and work closely with the program and MEL teams, s/he will manage the country level CARM processes and tools and develop the CARM strategy for each of the country hubs. In addition, the CARM Manager will develop and manage the work plan for the CARM rollout, build CARM team capacity and train program and MEL teams on the newly established CARM system. The strategy will include standard operating procedures to ensure that the methods of providing feedback are safe, confidential and accessible and that the feedback provided is timely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Community Accountability and Reporting Mechanism:
- Update current CARM operational manual through consultations with the program team and in the communities where Mercy Corps works.
- Understand and identify locally appropriate, user-friendly and culturally sensitive communication channels for feedback and incorporate these into the Manual
- Develop necessary IEC material for internal and external use
- Establish workplans for the rollout of CARM including processes procedures and forms by project or location
- Establish/Modify current CARM database to be relevant
- Together with MEL colleagues, develop a system for analyzing trends in feedback received;
- Together with program teams, develop a process to ensure integration of learning into program implementation which must include regular written reports.
- Conduct orientation sessions for all departments on CARM and their roles and responsibilities toward a successful implementation of accountability and reporting mechanism.
- Together with HR, support integration of CARM training into new employee onboarding
- Training of program staff on receiving complaints and feedback and on community sensitization
- Provide training and on the job support to CARM Officer in terms on handling calls/complaints, registration, and follow up.
- Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles and the CARM system functionality.
- Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Play an active role in hiring, orienting and leading team members as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: 3 Accountability Officers and 2-3 Accountability Assistants in Field Office
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO PaQ Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH MEL Team, DCD/CD, Program Directors and Program Managers, Area Directors
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- English and Arabic written and spoken fluency is required.
- Master degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- At least 4 years’ work experience working with international NGOs, preferably on accountability and Reporting mechanism or MEL or any relevant position.
- Experience in remote management is a plus.
- The ability to work closely in a team, be patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful and potentially volatile.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
Critical problem solving skills and the ability to work out methods of delivery in very different operating contexts. S/he will be able to live and work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment and be willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps field offices and project sites
Please if you are interesting; send your CV to email@example.com . And follow the below instructor;
- CV Attached must be in English “PDF or Word”.
- The email subject line should clearly indicate the Title of the position and location.
Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly done, will unfortunately not be considered.