Ended Engineer Officer
Location : Aden with visit to the field within NMO operation areas
Nahda Makers organization ( NMO ) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Engineer Officer to carry out the following tasks:
- Provide leading role to design projects and bill of quantities for schools rehabilitations.
- Monitor the compliance of contractors and subcontractors of construction activities with the established technical requirements, procedures and quality standards.
- Develop technical and internal memos related to the design, edit and approved the implementation of service delivery.
- Prepare progress and technical reports.
- Conduct regular field visits to construction sites to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications.
- Analyze project progress and determine expected delinquency.
- Ensure project bidding bill of quantities are accurate and reasonable and within the market price range.
- Review project progress payment and ensure compliance of the completed items paid for are with the project plans and specification.
- Work with the Project Manager as needed on budget review, change management, and subcontracts.
- Prepare the procurement and tender plans and orders including tender quotation assessments, negotiation, and contract management.
- Participate in technical need assessment mission for new projects.
- Other relevant tasks as requested by line managers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering civil or construction.
- 3 years’ experience in construction and rehabilitations works.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude towards working in Teams.
- Solid planning skills and dealing with implementation challenges and finding solutions.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel PowerPoint, and AutoCAD or other design software
- Excellent presentation, preparation and delivery skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Problem solver and, hard working with ability to work under pressure.
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise.
Interested candidates shall apply through the below link with attach the CVs