Ended Program Officer
Position: Program Officer
Location: Sana'a with regular visit to the filed
Reports to: Snr. Program Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Program Officer is responsible for providing general programmatic support to the project manager and field team as well as communication with donor office and reports to the Senior Program Manager.
The “Program Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
The Programs Officer shall be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the project team in preparation of detailed implementation plans (DIP), procurement plans, budget preparations
- Prepare budgets and project proposals for new projects and extensions of ongoing projects as required by the Senior Program Manager.
- Plan and facilitate the review programs with the team for program’s monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure quality program management of the projects in line with the donor’s regulations and requirements
- Prepare quality project reports including ad-hoc reports as required.
- Close follow up on program implementation and provide regular updates to Snr. Program Manager, Programs Unit, and supporting office as needed.
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation exercises are conducted on time and within the planned time frame including supporting the M&E team in data collection methodologies and tools for quality analysis of studies and reporting.
- Coordinate and liaise with UN partner agencies and other I/NGOs working in program’s targeted areas and report to the senior program manager.
- Attend related cluster and coordination meetings as needed and requested by supervisor and report to the senior program manager.
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on program issues.
- Perform any other duties as assigned and tasked by the Senior Program Manager.
- Identify gaps, challenges and needs within the project team and develop training plans, tools and materials for capacity building
- Ensure mainstreaming of project activities and reporting of the same in the written reports and to the project team
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to ensure quality project pictorial reports including development of quality videos showing project progress and achievements to be shared with supporting office
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in International development, community development, Business Management/Administration or any relate field with experience in programs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the same field.
- Prior experience of working on ECHO and GFFO funded projects.
- Strong command of English and Arabic for communication both written and spoken
- Experience of working successfully with local stakeholders such as local and international NGOs, government, etc. with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to productively participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment working toward common goals, both internal and external.
- Self-motivated, highly effect organization and analytical skills, multi-tasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to remote areas for monitoring visits
- Solid ability to provide team-building, coaching, and development for staff as well as encourage cross-functional collaboration and cooperation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and humanitarian principles
- Knowledge of various mainstreaming aspects of programmatic implementation and reporting skills
- The deadline for receiving applications is Saturday, April 25, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.