Department: Program Unit
Location: in Al-Hudaydah governorate
Starting date: As soon as possible
End Date: 26/04/2019
Brief overview on All Girls Foundation.
All Girls Foundation was established in capital Sana'a on 11/07/2003. AGF’s vision is to lead the youth development in Yemen with a particular programmatic focus on female. And has made a remarkable shift in its strategic focus on two main strategic areas: education and women & youth empowerment. AGF has been committed to humanitarian response interventions to support vulnerable conflict-affected individuals in urgent needs.
We’re looking for an organized and driven Staff Accountant to join our team at our project name. The Staff Accountant position will work closely with our other accountants and operations personnel and handle day-to-day bookkeeping. We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and revitalize our record keeping and bring more organization to our day to day financials.
Project Finance / Accounting
- Daily monitoring of project funds.
- Handle and manage project petty cash.
- Ensure that an adequate amount of money is always kept in the cash box by withdrawing cash from Bank in regular basis.
- Ensure all project transactions are done.
- Ensure all expenses, payments, receipts, bank reconciliations and any other required financial data are entered correctly and properly and in a timely finish .
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as requested by the Project Manager and other eligible instances.
- Perform regular bank reconciliations.
- Prepare travel and project activities expense advances and ensure travel expense reports and required accounting for other approved expenditures are properly completed and all outstanding advance amounts are reconciled.
Filing documents and maintaining proper filing system
- Maintain a proper soft and hard copy backing up, filing and archiving system for all financial and accounting documents.
- Archiving and library maintenance.
- Assist in preparation of financial plans
- Ensure and clean and efficient working area and ensure a co-operative and supportive working environment.
- Carry out any other task assigned to him/her by the Project Manager, Finance Manager or Country Representative
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree.
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English both verbally and in writing
- Respect time in relation to attendance work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job :-
- Send CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hudaydah - Accountant"
The closing date for applications is 26\4\2019
Any application without the mentioned subject line of the email, indicating to the position name will be excluded.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as due to the urgency of this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.