Community Based Surveillance Field Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Community Based Surveillance (CBS) Field Officer
Contract type : 6 months- extendable if needed
Duty Station: ADEN
Community Based Surveillance enables community volunteers to collect and report real-time surveillance data allowing for early detection and early response to potential risk of outbreaks at community level and stop transmission. In the current CBS project in Yemen there is an ongoing pilot in Lahj with the plan to extend to Al- Dhale. Further potential scale-up will be considered after an evaluation of the pilot.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Proactively support and/or coordinate the implementation of CBS in collaboration with the relevant colleagues in ICRC and YRCS
- Ensure CBS protocol is written and updated accordingly, and that implementation is in accordance with plans and design
- Ensure through supportive supervision that CBS guidelines, protocols and monitoring systems are adhered to by the volunteers and supervisors for timely and correct data collection and reporting, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of information/alerts on health risks
- Work closely with relevant departments and colleagues in ICRC (In particular the cooperation department), YRCS, MoPHP, relevant partners and communities to formulate functional early detection, prevention and health emergency response to the reported health risks and potential epidemics
- Offer technical support to build capacity of volunteers and communities for preparedness of epidemics through a system of early detection and early action to mitigate the impact of epidemics – provide trainings and on-the-job trainings, conduct workshops, support community meetings, awareness campaigns etc.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity reports- weekly, monthly, quarterly in line with program work plan and donor requirements;
- Conduct regular monitoring and support meetings with relevant positions in the branch and supervisor, in addition to counterpart in MoPHP and other partners
Scope & Impact
- Geographic remit: local/facility to national.
- Might supervise local health professionals
- Internally, interacts with health staff (Health Delegate, Health Coordinator, Hospital Staff), Head of Delegation/Office, non-health staff at delegation level, relevant Heads of Sector and Programme Coordinators at headquarters.
- Externally, interacts with national health authorities, international and local stakeholders (International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners, UN, NGOs) in his/her geographic area or field of responsibility.
- degree in a health-related discipline e.g. Medicine, Clinical Medicine, Nursing etc., Social Science or Public Health.
- Qualifications in public health or health management a strong asset.
- Fluent written and spoken command of the local working language as well as English.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 to 5 years of total work experience in field of expertise.
- minimum 2 years experience in humanitarian sector.
- Good connections with local health authorities or groups of interest for the ICRC.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل