Ended Logistics Officer
Position: Logistics Officer
Department: Program Unit
Location: in Al-Hudaydah governorate
Starting date: As soon as possible
End Date: 26/04/2019
Brief overview on All Girls Foundation.
All Girls Foundation was established in capital Sana'a on 11/07/2003. AGF’s vision is to lead the youth development in Yemen with a particular programmatic focus on female. And has made a remarkable shift in its strategic focus on two main strategic areas: education and women & youth empowerment. AGF has been committed to humanitarian response interventions to support vulnerable conflict-affected individuals in urgent needs.
Logistician 1 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management, import-export activities and statistics, in accordance with the AGF’s logistics standards and local legislation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- May manage and ensure proper filing for some of the following supply-chain activities depending on the size of the operation:
- Supply-chain management and planning (manages and follows up on requests, provides customer desk service and carries out related reporting).
- Participation in purchase planning (purchase orders, request orders, supplier files, etc.).
- Warehouse management.
- Get necessary permits for the project implementation.
- Purchase daily stationery and provide necessary service for the office and follow up needed maintenance.
- Provide logistic support for field teams in coordination with the project manager.
- Provide necessary goods and services for the project activities in accordance with AGF and donor’s procedures.
- Purchase goods and services with the best cost and quality available in the market.
- Ensure that service and goods providers submit invoices and fill out receipts issued by AGF.
- Deliver all purchases to field officers of the project and collect receipts.
- Ensure the security and safety of the field team while they are implementing the project activities.
- Coordinate and follow up team movement and transportation.
- Follow up of the project car including maintenance and the provision of fuel and spare parts.
- Follow up maintenance in the office and the field .
- Fulfill tasks assigned to him by the project manager within the scope of the logistic duties.
- Implementation and follow-up for financial and administrative procedures.
- Fleet management.
- Import-export activities.
- Trains AGF staff in logistics procedures.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good command of English.
Professional Experience Required
- Three years' professional experience, preferably in commercial, military or humanitarian logistics.
- AGF field experience an asset.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the AGF
- Beneficiary & Client focused
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job :-
- Send CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hudaydah - Logistics Officer "
The closing date for applications is 26\4\2019
Any application without the mentioned subject line of the email, indicating to the position name will be excluded.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as due to the urgency of this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.