Ended Wash Engineer(2)
Position: Wash Engineer(2)
Department: Program Unit
Location: in Al-Hudaydah governorate
Starting date: As soon as possible
End Date: 26/04/2019
Brief overview on All Girls Foundation.
All Girls Foundation was established in capital Sana'a on 11/07/2003. AGF’s vision is to lead the youth development in Yemen with a particular programmatic focus on female. And has made a remarkable shift in its strategic focus on two main strategic areas: education and women & youth empowerment. AGF has been committed to humanitarian response interventions to support vulnerable conflict-affected individuals in urgent needs.
General purpose of the position:
With the support and supervision of the Project Manager, the wash officer is responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of wash project interventions in the assigned area basing on wash cluster standards to quality measures.
- Prepare BOQs.
- Prepare required technical designs needed for the projects activities.
- Define the reference standards to be adopted in the planned water supply systems.
- Prepare the Terms of Reference (ToR) and tender documents for the design and supervision consultant.
- Raising the Matured Payment of suppliers.
- Follow up on the technical survey and data analysis.
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality are adhered to in all engineering activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given emergency stage, realistic and on budget.
- In collaboration with logistic unit, review draft design reports, Bills of Quantities (BoQs), and tender documents prepared by the design firm
- In collaboration with logistic unit, contribute in finalizing the design report, BoQ, and tender document report
- In collaboration with logistic unit, prepare and launch tender bidding procedure for construction contractor(s)
- Create monthly plans based on the master plan.
- Responsible for the daily planning and implementation of wash activity plans to achieve expected results.
- Ensure that all activities are implemented, based on wash cluster standards, to quality measures as per the monthly plan and budget. Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the supervisor and addressed in an appropriate way.
- Provide technical and professional support to the field team and volunteers.
- Preparation of procurement and administrative documents required for the wash program implementation.
- implement wash activities, within timelines and budget, including but not limited to “Rehabilitation for water well” “Installation of temporary latrines “ “Provide communal water storage tanks “ “ Hygiene promotion and community mobilization campaigns” “ distribution of hygiene kits “”establish and train water management committees on the management of the water schemes”.
- Provide feedback to the staff on the progress of the activities and review project indicators and ensure that targets of the project achieved.
- Ensure gender equity and social inclusion in all aspects of wash interventions.
- Ensure “protection Mainstreaming” and “Accountability to Affected Populations” in all aspects of wash interventions.
- Write and submit all kinds of required reports.
- As required, support emergency planning processes and response in regards to wash sector.
- Document and share lessons learnt in a comprehensive and detailed manner to enable track trends on changes on a timely basis
- Attend regular and urgent meetings as required.
- Accomplish the other necessary activities related to the office and project tasks.
Bachelor degree in civil/water Engineering or a related technical field.
Experience and Skills:-
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in similar responsible position and wash related programs with NGOs.
- Resident of Hudaydah governorate.
- Proficiency in English (Writing and Speaking)
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft office.
- Solid understanding of wash cluster standards.
- Proficiency in writing report in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Communication skill with others.
- Work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Sense of creativity and initiative essential.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job :-
- Send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hudaydah - Wash Officer"
The closing date for applications is 26\4\2019
Any application without the mentioned subject line of the email, indicating to the position name will be excluded.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as due to the urgency of this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted