Ended Education Engineer Assistant
Education Engineer Assistant – Based in Lahj/Aldhalea
To assist in the implementation and monitoring of Save the Children construction and rehabilitation activities of the child protection/education program in target areas in Aden and Lahj.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The Engineering Assistant will work as part of a team that is responsible for the implementation of the engineering activities such as constructions and rehabilitation of the targeted schools in Aden and Lahj according to the quality and learning environment standards .
- Finalizing the formatting for all the engineering documents including design drawings, specifications, Bills of Quantities and estimates of costs for all types of construction works;
- Help in preparation full bids packages for approved construction grants ,and work with procurement in bidding process which include (bids distributing ,documentation ,receive bidders queries ,arrange for bids opening;
- Participate in the technical evaluation of the received bids.
- Carry out all archiving work that relating to engineering project including monitoring reports.
- Raise Procurement Requests ,payments etc.;
- Assist in quality control for ongoing construction works at the targeted areas; visit sites periodically to check that works are proceeding in accordance with the contract requirements and clauses.
- Supervise contractors implementing the required rehabilitation and constructions
- Perform other duties as required
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures. Any other duties as required.
- Any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering
- Experience in engineering at least for 2 years
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills Ability to deal with children
- Understanding of community development
- Computer skills
- Good monitoring and reporting skills.
- Good English skills - verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to be mobile
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should send their applications through this link.
The deadline for receiving applications is 21/04/2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted