Ended Gender and Protection Officer
Job title : Gender and Protection Officer
Category : Programs.
Company : GWQ
Location : (Al Mukha district)-Aden
Duration : 9 months.
No of positions: 1
ABOUT GWQ ORGANIZATION :
Generations Without Qat was founded in 2007 by a group of development professionals as voluntarily work and officially become a licensed NGO in 2010. The organization works on two main interventions: awareness and development. But since 2014, the organization is providing rapid response activities and relief support to the conflict-affected communities. Since our inception in 2010, GWQ has been dedicated its efforts to support communities in the country, especially the most vulnerable ones, in providing livelihoods, boosting health and education. The organization’s target beneficiaries are: youth, women and children, conflict-affected communities, and vulnerable populations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensure gender and protection issues and aspects are addressed.
- Support implementation of gender and protection mainstreaming strategies in GWQ programmes during all stages of project.
- Ensure that gender and protection considerations are effectively addressed during planning, targeting, distributions, monitoring & evaluation, reporting stages.
- Facilitate and conduct staff training and other capacity building activities on gender and protection mainstreaming in the different programmes.
- Ensuring compliance with Humanitarian and Protection principles standards in the program activities.
- Provide guidance in ensuring that all community structures associated with the current projects are gender sensitive and protection mainstreamed, include measures to ensure safety from sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Ensuring that there is a system for responding back to affected communities on timely manner and on regular basis and that, with focus on issues from communities that shape programming.
- In collaboration with other programme team members, coordinate monthly feedback sessions in the implementation areas to collect complaints, respond to issues to enhance accountability to affected communities and recommend to management any protection and gender concerns.
- Periodically review the tools, process and systems that allow the program to embed gender sensitivity and transformative approaches in design and implementation processes, adapting based on learning and need.
- Acting as a focal point on gender and protection. Attending and participating in the activities of the protection cluster at community level where possible at national level.
- Conducting/planning regular monitoring visits to projects to observe gender and protection issues and advise management on actions that need to be taken.
- Documenting and sharing best practices on mainstreaming gender and protection in the emergency response.
- Compiling and sharing regular reports on protection (monthly, quarterly, and final)
Perform other related duties as required
- Check that the agreed work by project team or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
- protection needs and concerns of the target population, with particular attention to especially vulnerable persons;
- Draft program work plans, weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, success stories.
- Any other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, Psychology, community development, law or related fields
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field.
- 1 years experience in the humanitarian or development sector.
- Experience in working with women and girls focus group discussions, analysing information provided and drafting reports.
- Experience at preparing various reports.
SKILLS and ABILITIES :
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information.
- Able to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Arabic. .
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community and colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Has no matter to work during whole duration of project.
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to work within a team – supporting other departments is essential.
- Ability to travel in all Governorates, working flexibly.
- Ability to work in complex and volatile contexts.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to (Jobs3.firstname.lastname@example.org) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for the application 25 April, 2019.