Cash Transfer Officer
Cash Transfer Officer
Title: Shelter Coordinator
Location: Al Mukha -Aden
Duration: 9 months
Report to: Project Manager
Start of Contract: As soon as possible
Generations Without Qat was founded in 2007 by a group of development professionals as voluntarily work and officially become a licensed NGO in 2010. The organization works on two main interventions: awareness and development. But since 2014, the organization is providing rapid response activities and relief support to the conflict-affected communities. Since our inception in 2010, GWQ has been dedicated its efforts to support communities in the country, especially the most vulnerable ones, in providing livelihoods, boosting health and education. The organization’s target beneficiaries are: youth, women and children, conflict-affected communities, and vulnerable populations.
General context of the project:
GWQ commitment, and out of the principles of accountability and commitments towards the affected people , GWQ designed the emergency response project of Shelter, NFI, CCCM and Livelihoods, it has obtained funding for this project from (OCHA) in September 1, 2018, which includes the support and construction of the transitional shelter, provision of Cash for rental sub-sides, provision of Cash for Emergency shelter and NFI and supporting livelihoods of IDPs in Al Mukha district. The project aims to ensure that lives are saved and human suffering is reduced through provision of Emergency assistance and longer-term solution to 11,319 IDPs (1617 households) based on their needs, types, present and duration of displacement in four sub-districts of Al Mukha District, Governorate of Taiz.
Depending on the status and the needs of these vulnerable IDPs, the assistance will vary from Cash for Emergency Shelter\NFI for 250 newly households and in public or open space households, construction of Transitional Shelter for 400 displaced households in collective centers (in self-settled camp, schools, old directorate buildings) and IDPs with more than 9 months of displacement, provision of cash for rental subsides to 200 IDP households in rented houses, to provision of Cash for NFI to 767 vulnerable internally displaced households in non-hosted houses or with host families. This intervention seeks longer-term shelter solution with a longer life span in safety and dignity by upgrading IDPs’ present Shelter in the targeted areas.
The cash transfer officer, based in Al Mukha and Taiz - covering all project locations, is responsible for processing the by PM authorized cash beneficiary lists, dealings with the cash transfer agents and follow-up on beneficiary receipts for monthly reports.
The cash transfer officer maintains a centralized database with beneficiary information for sharing with M&E officer and PM for final reports.
The Cash Transfer Officer will be responsible for ensuring that day to day documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with GWQ policies, agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitor community mobilization, beneficiary’s identification, selection and registration processes timely, transparently in accordance with the program guidelines related to cash assistance for protection cases;
- The PMs of each project share final beneficiary list and filled registration form and share it with Cash Transfer officer for developing timely cash transfer plans;
- Monitor the cash transfer agents in processing the disbursements;
- Participate in various post distribution monitoring surveys;
- Regularly monitor program activities progress against program work plan promptly identifying any current or potential delays and provide timely inputs and feedback to the management;
- Compile and submit regular project updates/reports to the Management and promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues;
- Support team members to establish and maintain transparent, functional and respectful relationships with target communities, local representatives and partners to ensure the program is well understood and expectations are in line with the program objectives;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
- Be available to train the Protection Team on the foundations of and on how to communicate on Cash Based Interventions (CBI) and ability to provide coaching on the job;
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold a BA in accounting or finance (any other related field)
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general and with Cash Based Interventions (CBI) in particular;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing partnerships and coordination of different stakeholders;
Most relevant other requirements:
- Ability to make analysis and develop plan;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Cash Transfer Programs;
- Familiarity with distribution cycle process and beneficiaries’ selection;
- Familiarity with Microfinance Institutions and social transfers;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications;
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy especially, PPT, Word, Excel);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of GWQ
- Native Arabic – Advance written and spoken English will be an asset;
- Strong team spirit and willingness to cooperate with others;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to (Jobs2.email@example.com) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for the application 25 April, 2019.